Do you wear shoes in your house?

haha thanks for so many replies..it's very interesting to see..but I guess it's your house so you can do whatever you want.

Even though I have hardwood floors, I would never ever wear outside shoes..I'm just so freaked out to scratch the beautiful wood. I'm not a germ phob or anything but think about going to a public bathroom and than walking throughout your house with them? For example, if I go to a club and I am doing my thing on the toilet..I would be so grossed out that I won't even step foot into my house with them on.

It's a cultural thing as well I think. There is a definite difference between the Canadians and Americans! It's very interesting!!

At home, I am usually barefoot but always have slippers for guest...my mom always wears her house slippers

^ it's so true. i'm also asian (chinese) and wearing shoes is an absolute no no. bare feet is often a no-no, too. all the chinese families here have so many slippers. lol. for family and guests.

Since I am from Bosnia, in our culture no one wears shoes in the house. Usually people used to leave them outside of the door and most Bosnians that live in the U.S. do that except if they live in an apartment then you have them inside. I don't mean you leave your entire shoe collection outside, but if you come home you take your shoes off infront of the door or as soon as you walk in. Also, most guests know the culture and that we take our shoes off so they do the same. The other day though I had my agent over while we were filling out paperwork to sell our condo and she had her shoes on. I didn't feel comfortable asking her to take them off so I didn't. She asked if she should when she saw we didn't have any shoes on, but I told her it was okay I didn't mind if she stayed in them.

In my house (which is governed by my South Asian culture, I guess) it's either take shoes off indoors, or wear flipflops, but definitely no outdoor shoes inside.