Do you wear shoes in your house?

lizarotica

Mar 2, 2006
Hi everyone...just curious if any of you wear shoes in your house...I'm Canadian, but when I went to the states I saw many many people where shoes in their own home...can I ask why?? I never really understood it! :confused1:

No shoes in our house--they always come off at the door. Guests seem to follow suit as well, especially when they see others' shoes at the door. I don't know if it's more of a "clean thing" or more of a cultural thing. I'm filipino and my entire family and friends do this.

nope... i'm either barefeet or house slippers

I think it's quite common for ppl to wear their outside shoes in their house but for me, i just think of all the gersm and dirt i'm bringing into my living space and it grosses me out!

Haha! I'm Canadian as well and when I first moved to the states I was shocked that everybody did that! I mean you track all these gross things in, and then walk around barefoot? yuck. I take my shoes off at home, but leave them on at other people's houses just because that's what they do! plus after all that outside stuff is on the floors/carpets I don't wanna take them off.