Do you use base shaper for your Le Pliage?

I just got my first Longchamp- Le Pliage - the medium tote with long handles, and I think I'm going to love it, but I can tell that I'd be happier if the bottom did not sag so much.

I'm thinking of ordering a base shaper for it, but I also want a purse organizer too- I am wondering if a purse organizer will act as a base shaper, or not. In other words- if I use a purse organizer will that alone prevent sag, or do I need both an organizer and a base shaper. I want an organizer to keep all my stuff organized so I can find it easily.

Any feedback appreciated!

- Jen

In a similar boat!

I just got my first Longchamp- Le Pliage - the medium tote with long handles, and I think I'm going to love it, but I can tell that I'd be happier if the bottom did not sag so much.

I'm thinking of ordering a base shaper for it, but I also want a purse organizer too- I am wondering if a purse organizer will act as a base shaper, or not. In other words- if I use a purse organizer will that alone prevent sag, or do I need both an organizer and a base shaper. I want an organizer to keep all my stuff organized so I can find it easily.

- Jen

The purse organizer should be enough, it works for mine :smile:

- Jen
I use a purse organizer for all my bags.. no base shaper required. IMO, it keeps everything organized and holds the bag shape well. Just make sure to get the right size and sturdy organizer and not those flimsy ones. HTH :smile:

I use a piece of cardboard from a box that I cut into a rectangular shape as a base shaper. I trim the corners so that the cardboard doesn't have sharp corners and then I put clear packing tape on it for smoothness. The cardboard is lighter than a base shaper so it's not heavy. Works well and is cheaper than buying a base shaper.

The purse to go from pursebling.com is great in my medium le pilage. The owner was super helpful and recommended the jumbo size, I would have ordered a smaller size if not for her. I love the organization and shape I get.

Hi girls! I've just ordered a Divide & Conquer organizer specifically for my Pliages--these organizers have a stiff base as well as tall stiff sides, and thus will hopefully provide the structure *and* organization I am looking for! I got mine with a key fob and a bottle loop. I recently started a thread about this kind of organizer for the Longchamp totes here in the Longchamp forum, and plan to post pix as soon as my D&C arrives. Stay tuned. :graucho:

For my medium long handle LP, I found a small plastic clipboard with rounded corners that was very close in dimension to the base. Essentially, it's like the acrylic base shapers that go for $15-25 but with a small clip. I've been using that for the past year as a base shaper along with the Purse-to-go XL for organization purposes. I simply can't stand the bulging droopy diaper look when my LP is full.

I don't use a base shaper but DO use an organizer with my LP's, it makes switching bags simple! The SA at my local store was amazed when I showed her. It keeps the bags from sagging too much and I love how easily I can change bags with my outfits.