Do you use a purse hook in restaurants?

From the movie "The Guilt Trip" with Barbra Streisand and Seth Rogen. There's a great scene where she uses a purse hook and it turns into a plot point in the movie.upload_2018-5-21_22-30-13.jpeg (Image copied from Luxe Link Blog)

Reactions: tealocean
I’ve never used one, but it sounds like a good idea. I always keep my bags on a chair next to me, hanging from my chair or on my lap under my napkin, as a last resort (which is a PITA, depending on the bag).

Not too long ago a waiter dropped a whole drink on me and the lucky purse hanging on the back of the chair. Luckily because of bad weather, I took a black zaffiano bag instead of a light colored Hermès Swift one I wanted to bring at first :shocked:

Which hook do you guys recommend that won’t leave indentations or change the shape of the the handles?

I have these (https://amzn.to/2tdQtdy)
61qFfZ29TGL._SL1000_.jpg

I actually bought the 4 pack and used 3 as stocking stuffers over the holidays!

In the bathroom stall, if needed. Since only recently, I've started using one per advice from this forum. But I never put my bag on the floor. I've never been to a restaurant where I couldn't put my bag on the back of the chair or in another seat or even on the table itself. Previously, if the bathroom didn't have a hook, I'd try to hang on the door latch, or balance on top of toilet tissue roll, or even keep it on my shoulder and while I hovered and peed. It could be precarious! So now I have a purse hook and it's come in handy in the bathroom. But like I've said, I've never been to a restaurant where I couldn't figure out some non-floor place to put it.

• Insightful
Reactions: 880