Do you travel with your H bag?

I don't check bags either so I have the same constraint - everything needs to fit into two bags. I haven't figured out the ideal system (the one that fits my comfort zone) for traveling with an H bag and a laptop. Right now I am using a laptop sleeve with a shoulder strap which I can put into a Neverfull when needed. This is light and functional but means my H bags stay at home.
I put my laptop inside the front pocket of my Rimowa rolly suitcase which is designed to hold laptops (Salsa Deluxe Hybrid) and then carry my H bag. The Muji tote I think I'll use just for going through security. I usually carry my H bag as normal once I get through.

I put my laptop inside the front pocket of my Rimowa rolly suitcase which is designed to hold laptops (Salsa Deluxe Hybrid) and then carry my H bag. The Muji tote I think I'll use just for going through security. I usually carry my H bag as normal once I get through.

Thank you, I love hearing what other people do! I have a topas so no pocket. I looked at the Salsa Deluxe Hybrid once at I wasnt sure my work laptop (Lenovo) would fit in the pocket. Good to know that laptops fit.

Thank you, I love hearing what other people do! I have a topas so no pocket. I looked at the Salsa Deluxe Hybrid once at I wasnt sure my work laptop (Lenovo) would fit in the pocket. Good to know that laptops fit.
i have the Topas also. I like knowing that everything is safe in the hard shell. The ideal is to have the second bag hold everything I need during a flight of up to 19 hours straight, including my laptop and a Birkin or Kelly. It's a lot to ask :P and a real first world problem!

Reactions: HavLab
I just got the topas. Does it get dinged up easily? I'm a little scared to have to check it in one day [emoji28] American Airlines can be so picky.

As for my B I use a Herve chapelier bag. I love them bc they have two zippers as opposed to one on longchamp. It's much easier to open. I haven't seen Herve bags much lately :sad: they do wash well in the machine wash cycle.

Reactions: Mariapia
I would like to share the travel bag I have been using for past few trips with my B35/B30. It's from Kipling and the fabric is double layered and water resistant.

http://www.kipling-usa.com/ferra-weekender-duffel-bag/100213578.html#

It has a slip pocket at the back that I find very useful with my carry-on luggage.View attachment 3619385

And the front pocket fit a Chanel WOC with room to spare for other travel essentials
View attachment 3619390

And this is how it look like with B30 inside

View attachment 3619391

And last, with B35 handle peeking out just a little..

View attachment 3619395
I have this same bag in black. I find it more useful and convenient in holding my purses and other items than my lonchamp planetes tote.

Reactions: grapegravity
I just got the topas. Does it get dinged up easily? I'm a little scared to have to check it in one day [emoji28] American Airlines can be so picky.

As for my B I use a Herve chapelier bag. I love them bc they have two zippers as opposed to one on longchamp. It's much easier to open. I haven't seen Herve bags much lately :sad: they do wash well in the machine wash cycle.

I would try to avoid checking the Topas -- it definitely dings! That said, it also looks great once it's a bit travel-worn :smile:

i have the Topas also. I like knowing that everything is safe in the hard shell. The ideal is to have the second bag hold everything I need during a flight of up to 19 hours straight, including my laptop and a Birkin or Kelly. It's a lot to ask :P and a real first world problem!

I have it too and it's great, but honestly not as practical for commercial flights. It's so heavy to lift onto the security belt and the overhead bin so I've found myself using the Salsa Deluxe Hybrid much more, especially with the external pockets which might help solve some of your problem, @QuelleFromage!

Reactions: HavLab and Hermezzy

Thanks for info on Herve Chapelier, I will definitely check those out as potential B holders!
I have not been asked to check my bag on AA (the Topas IATA fits into their sizer, I actually checked!) and the FAs have not even looked at it. I have status so I board early. Recently I saw a guy with two Rimowas, the pilot case and I believe a Salsa model and no one questioned him (he was in first). I think the only time you would be at risk for a check is late boarding a full flight and if you fly any of the RJs. My topas has received a few scratches however just from the overhead bin, but no dings. I am very happy with mine and just bought one for my husband (there is a new Rimowa boutique in Paris).

If you find any Herve bags for your Bs pls let me know ! They are harder for me to find lately :smile:

I was in group 1 of regular boarding and they made me measure and check the topas! It did have a couple dings but AA fixed it for free. think I should either let it go and just enjoy the dings and all or get the smaller version :smile:.

The one problem I had w the topas was the lock quit working. I think I accidentally reset the combo but we tried all of them we think! And had to take it to the store in NYC. We just happened to be there. They replaced it no charge.

If you find any Herve bags for your Bs pls let me know ! They are harder for me to find lately :smile:

I was in group 1 of regular boarding and they made me measure and check the topas! It did have a couple dings but AA fixed it for free. think I should either let it go and just enjoy the dings and all or get the smaller version :smile:.

The one problem I had w the topas was the lock quit working. I think I accidentally reset the combo but we tried all of them we think! And had to take it to the store in NYC. We just happened to be there. They replaced it no charge.
The little Topas gets dings too :smile: I got over it. I sticker mine and let it get character....it's luggage after all! I do wish I could pack a B or K inside, but a) I'd have to remove the dividers, which messes up the packability, and b) you can never be 100% sure a roller won't get checked.
AA is my least favorite airline, which is too bad as I have two million miles on it, platinum for life. I gave up and switched to United.

Reactions: Mininana