Do you travel with your H bag?

I just want to say thank you for posting this muji bag! I went out and bought it and it fits my k32 perfectly. I used the goyard tote before but this muji carry on is just such much lighter!

View attachment 3619009View attachment 3619010
Just want to add that I would still put the k32 in its dust bag before using the muji bag as it says on the tag, when wet it might have color transfer.View attachment 3619011
My K32 safely inside!
Thank you for posting the details of this muji tote! I am in the UK and just went to their website here but they don't have this on their site! I will pop to their store to take a look.

I just want to say thank you for posting this muji bag! I went out and bought it and it fits my k32 perfectly. I used the goyard tote before but this muji carry on is just such much lighter!

View attachment 3619009View attachment 3619010
Just want to add that I would still put the k32 in its dust bag before using the muji bag as it says on the tag, when wet it might have color transfer.View attachment 3619011
My K32 safely inside!
Yikes! No way am I putting my bags inside a bag that deteriorates when wet and might stain if someone spills on it....stains can travel through dustbags and somehow I feel this might be a hard stain to remove, at least on light-colored and/or unfinished leather bags.
Right now I travel with whichever H bag I choose for daily carry inside its dustbag, inside a nylon Longchamp (which isn't heavy) or if small enough inside a Garden Party. I need to have a laptop on the plane with me, so any carry-on bag needs to hold at least that in addition to a handbag. I don't check luggage, so it all needs to stay pretty compact.

Tumi has something similar with that Muji bag.
View attachment 3619362

This is when the bag is expanded. It's foldable and I like that it has storage area at the front.
I like this! Is that pocket big enough for a small laptop? My biggest issue in packing a Birkin or Kelly for carry-on is worrying that my laptop will dent the bag.

Having been on a plane where the underseat area flooded, I am really conscious that spills do happen and waterproof appeals to me :heart:

Reactions: HeartHermes
I would like to share the travel bag I have been using for past few trips with my B35/B30. It's from Kipling and the fabric is double layered and water resistant.

http://www.kipling-usa.com/ferra-weekender-duffel-bag/100213578.html#

It has a slip pocket at the back that I find very useful with my carry-on luggage._20170228_103112.JPG

And the front pocket fit a Chanel WOC with room to spare for other travel essentials
_20170228_103434.JPG

And this is how it look like with B30 inside

_20170228_103712.JPG

And last, with B35 handle peeking out just a little..

_20170228_104111.JPG

I do travel with some of my H bags:

* Victoria II 43 as a carry-on when I fly - the compact design and floppy handles make it a great carry-on bag. And the sturdy clemence leather does not scratch easily when placing the bag in the overhead compartment or under the seat in front of me).
* Bolide Relax 45 as a weekender bag (for road trips only - the shape, size, and fixed handles are not well suited for using the bag as a carry-on when it is full, plus the sakkam leather scratches easily)
* Evelyne III GM as a hands-free bag to tour a new city, museum, etc...

I must confess that I do not take as many precautions with my bags when I travel as some of you do.

I like this! Is that pocket big enough for a small laptop? My biggest issue in packing a Birkin or Kelly for carry-on is worrying that my laptop will dent the bag.

Having been on a plane where the underseat area flooded, I am really conscious that spills do happen and waterproof appeals to me :heart:

I don't think it fits laptop. It should fit an iPad mini. I can measure when I get home today if you'd like.

The back of this tote also have a pocket so you can slide it into your luggage handle.

I don't think it fits laptop. It should fit an iPad mini. I can measure when I get home today if you'd like.

The back of this tote also have a pocket so you can slide it into your luggage handle.
Thank you! Yes, I think I need a tote with that luggage handle sleeve. I was actually thinking about adding one to the Longchamp myself, but the Longchamp is not the perfect Birkin/Kelly carrier. I travel so much now that leaving these bags at home would be a giant waste!

DH thinks I should just use my Barenia B35 as a carry-on but I foresee TSA accidents, etc. , plus again I'd love to have a sleeve that goes over the handles of my Rimowa roller.

Yikes! No way am I putting my bags inside a bag that deteriorates when wet and might stain if someone spills on it....stains can travel through dustbags and somehow I feel this might be a hard stain to remove, at least on light-colored and/or unfinished leather bags.
Right now I travel with whichever H bag I choose for daily carry inside its dustbag, inside a nylon Longchamp (which isn't heavy) or if small enough inside a Garden Party. I need to have a laptop on the plane with me, so any carry-on bag needs to hold at least that in addition to a handbag. I don't check luggage, so it all needs to stay pretty compact.

I don't check bags either so I have the same constraint - everything needs to fit into two bags. I haven't figured out the ideal system (the one that fits my comfort zone) for traveling with an H bag and a laptop. Right now I am using a laptop sleeve with a shoulder strap which I can put into a Neverfull when needed. This is light and functional but means my H bags stay at home.