Do you travel with your H bag?

I have travelled with all my Bs from B25 to B35. Next time I'm probably taking my mini halzan (exit seats) to Paris. I used to like the B35s more for travelling but it really depends if the flight is long distance or if it's just a daytrip (1hr flight) and I only have one handbag. The B35 is great for shopping and it's probably my favourite travel bag.

I just went around London and Paris with my Kelly 32 and it was the perfect size and bag for me. I bought a longer louis vuitton strap in the same color as my K32 so I can wear the bag cross body during the day. It fits everything that I needed throughout the day and is also very secure. In the plane, I placed my K32 inside a louis vuitton neverfull so it will be protected.

yes I travel with my H bags, I have travelled to shanghai and italy/greece carrying my birkin and kelly without any problems, and i like to carry my birkin with the flap tucked in so it's kinda open. but I like to stay mainly jn the city.

BBC we were in Sorrento and Pompeii last month also. I decided not to take my B, and glad I didn't especially walking around Pompeii, so hot and busy. We had one very nice Italian gentleman stop up is the little village we were staying in, who warned us about wearing jewellery and conspicuous items around Naples. My husband was wearing a gold chain (which I bought for a special birthday and he never takes off) and the man said that it wasn't unheard of that people on mopeds rushed past and grabbed at these items. We didn't visit Naples, except the airport, and I was very glad. I am from the UK. Really enjoyed the holiday though!

BBC we were in Sorrento and Pompeii last month also. I decided not to take my B, and glad I didn't especially walking around Pompeii, so hot and busy. We had one very nice Italian gentleman stop up is the little village we were staying in, who warned us about wearing jewellery and conspicuous items around Naples. My husband was wearing a gold chain (which I bought for a special birthday and he never takes off) and the man said that it wasn't unheard of that people on mopeds rushed past and grabbed at these items. We didn't visit Naples, except the airport, and I was very glad. I am from the UK. Really enjoyed the holiday though!

That's interesting about Naples, because DH and I honeymooned in Italy 20 years ago and received similar warnings. When we arrived at the Naples train station, the driver who took us to Amalfi told DH to put his briefcase in the trunk. DH wanted to keep it with him, so the driver said to be sure to put it on the floor, to make it harder for people to reach in the car window to grab it! When we were in Amalfi, I bought a bottle of water and the shopkeeper insisted on giving me a receipt, saying, "Because we are not Naples." Interesting that things have not changed in all that time.

That's interesting about Naples, because DH and I honeymooned in Italy 20 years ago and received similar warnings. When we arrived at the Naples train station, the driver who took us to Amalfi told DH to put his briefcase in the trunk. DH wanted to keep it with him, so the driver said to be sure to put it on the floor, to make it harder for people to reach in the car window to grab it! When we were in Amalfi, I bought a bottle of water and the shopkeeper insisted on giving me a receipt, saying, "Because we are not Naples." Interesting that things have not changed in all that time.

I did not get a good vibe about Naples. We were only in the train station but I had no interest in exploring that city at all!

I was wondering does anyone carry their B40 to Norway, Finland or Swiss??? Would that be too heavy at all??? My option are Lindy 34 or Birkin 40 :biggrin: Thanks for letting me share this question!!!

Reactions: W1Luxury
I've been to Europe a few times and didn't even bring my Kelly with shoulder strap. I can't imagine lugging a Birkin around if it's a sightseeing trip. Too bulky and heavy. I have an Evelyne and would bring it in a heart beat next time. Here's how I manage the open top issue: I have a LV pochette, which I clip to the Evelyne strap hardware loop to keep it secure and prevent it from falling out or being taken. Inside the pochette, I keep a small wallet, keys, and anything I don't want stolen. Then in the rest of the bag, I keep a makeup pouch with all other makeup and small accessories. Nothing small is sitting freely in the bag. I've done other travels with the Evelyne and have never had a problem. It's lightweight, holds a small umbrella and water, and still looks chic when you're out shopping.
The Jypsiere is gorgeous but I think it's still too heavy and the closure can be a pain. When you're traveling, you want to be in and out of your bag quickly and easily. You could then bring another smaller H bag to bring out at night.

Couldn't agree more. Actually I bought a J28 for travel, it's nice at first..... well it stays nice as long as you don't need to take things from the bag!! The closure is really a pain!!! A really big one! It's heavy considering mine is only a 28! It brought me shoulder and neck pain. I simply let it go afterward. I confess I kinda miss mine when I see others carrying it, but it's a bit casual for my daily use, and I won't bring it for any trip, what's the use of keeping it?

I did not get a good vibe about Naples. We were only in the train station but I had no interest in exploring that city at all!

+1, have been to Italy many, many times but Naples is not an option bc of stories like these.

Just traveled Coast to Coast with 2 Ks, one in my LC duffle. The other hand carried.

I was wondering does anyone carry their B40 to Norway, Finland or Swiss??? Would that be too heavy at all??? My option are Lindy 34 or Birkin 40 :biggrin: Thanks for letting me share this question!!!
I would take a bag with a shoulder strap as you do a lot of walking there. I took my 28 togo retourne black Kelly and it was perfect for city days. I have a canvas strap that fits it for cross body and that was perfect.

I have a career that requires at least 3 plane flights every month so I have this whole biz trip packing thing down to the core.

As for my weekly personal carry-on items, I always travel with either my gold or black Victoria bag.
Other Hermes items that I never travel with are my 2 mm bolide case (1: electronics 2: cosmetics/person items)
... and gold epsom jige clutch (I always find this absolutely easy to travel with and always find a use. Plus it matches EVERYTHING.

But I rarely travel with my B or K or K pochette/cut. Only on family/friend vacations.