Do you think this Carly can be rescued?

Yes.. I am very particular about things..lol. This means that the marks probably cannot be removed since they tried and all it is doing is washing out the color of the bag. I'll bet they thought the same thing when they bought it, that they could get the marks out of it and when they realized they couldn't they put it on ebay to sell. I would definitely not pay that much for that bag.

I think it's a little overpriced for a vandalized bag. It looks like permanent black marker. Honestly, I'd probably pay no more than $40 for it, because I then I'd have to clean it and I don't know how well that marking can come off without destroying the cloth signature fabric.

Looks like 22 hours left on the auction, what are you deciding?

I always get tempted to bid on these too! The ones with the missing turnlocks.. etc.
It looks like sharpie to me. I think I would have to pass on this one though. The signature fabric is so grainy that I think that marker would be impossible to get out.

If you look at the 7th picture down of the enlarged "arrow" picture, under the arrow more to the right it looks like there was another line drawn there and that they tried to remove it with something and now the bag looks washed out there..almost looks like it is bleached to me. You might want to check that picture again cause even if you can get the marker marks out you will not be able to get the color back in that washed out spot.
I agree if you enlarge the picture you can see where they have tried to remove another mark.

I am not buying the vandalism story of the seller. I bet this is a case of another irreparable bag being destroyed by either Coach or a department store, like that cut up Carly we saw. I suspect that the arrow drawn on the bag is there to mark where the damage is and the Xs were drawn on there to "destroy" the bag. If someone vandalized a bag in a store it would have gang markings, profanity or something else lewd written on it. I would be willing to bet that a dumpster diver nabbed this and is now trying to sell it.

I agree that those marks look like they were put there to show a defect. Why else would the hang tag also be missing.

But why would it sell for almost $200? Think the high bidder didn't read the auction?

This seems fishy to me. why vandalize it with an K and an arrow. Almost seems like it was meant to be destroyed because of a defect and someone came across it somewhere. Very odd and why go for so much? If those marks come out, I would be so surprised!!!

I was thinking the same thing too... about not believing the vandalism story... its so sad how all these defective bags have been showing up on ebay lately.

I hope the highest bidder read everything or they are going to be really p*****d off...

Well either way theyre gonna be mad when the marker doesnt come out!

:wtf: I can't believe someone paid that!! I was only going to go as high as $75 maybe! I got an AWESOME large carly from this seller for $220. All I did was take a baby wipe to her and she looked brand new :yes: