Do you think it was a fake?

If somebody came up to me and said "I like your (insert bag name here)" I would think they're either trying to steal from me or just plain crazy. Maybe you scared her and she was silently wishing you'd get fixated on a falling leaf and leave her alone. If witch hunting makes you happy... more power to you, I guess.
Um I would never do that:confused1:.... she came up to me.

I'd bet that 90% of women have no idea their bags have "names" :nogood:
Most people just pick what they like and pay, heck, a lot of designers don't even name them.

just re-read the whole thread and was a little shocked at some of the comments. . .
who is on a "witch hunt"?
What did she do that is considered witch hunting?

Also, what is uncalled for and *****y?
She complimented someone on a bag.
Period.

After they reacted a certain it caused her to analyze the sitch. BFD:shrugs:

deep breath people.

I can say for a fact that ALOT of people do not know the names of the bags. I have been in a LV store and complimented someone on a speedy and she looked at me and said "my what?".

Yeah, honestly, I dont know the names of most of my bags... I only learned the LV names when I wanted to talk about them. Like Swanky said, I just buy what I like!

just re-read the whole thread and was a little shocked at some of the comments. . .

Period.

deep breath people.
:flowers: Thanks Swanky. I really didnt mean to perturb (sp) anyone.

I can honestly say that until I found this forum I only bought (and my OH bought me) items that he and I liked. I'm afraid I never really bothered with the names! It's only now I've found this site that I realise I've got a Chloe Paddington!!!!! If somebody had complimented me on my Paddington I'd have been looking to see if I'd got a Paddington Bear tucked on my person somewhere! :roflmfao:

If somebody compliments me on my bag, shoes (in fact anything) I'd be chuffed! In fact I have a Prada bag (no idea of the name :confused1:) and that gets tons of compliments!

Now I've found this site I've become a bit obsessed with names so I guess I'm now on both sides of the fence :tup:

I feel a little bad that we're discussing the choice of some random person that we don't even know on a public forum.

I really do not think it's fake, I simply think she was confused that you were complimenting her bag. And maybe she doesn't like python, if anyone told me something came in python i'd visibly freak out and probably never carry my own bag again because i'm that scared of snakes.

Lastly, I don't think the most important part of a person is whether their bag is real or not.

(Hehe sorry I forgot my most crucial point: I don't know my phone model, camera models, car models, and lastly, most of my bag names!)

O.K., confession time....:sweatdrop:, I can't remmeber the names of my children let alone the names of bags. I have a Ferragamo that I love with my whole heart that I have never found out the name of. I actually asked for the "new black denim bag" when I bought my Neo Cabby (I can remember this name becuase I have written so many posts on it) and even the SA at Holts had no idea which Balenciaga I bought (I later found out it was a GH Brief). I can not answer if her bag was real or not, but I do know that I buy what I like and I never worry about what they are called. Because even if I was told chances are I would not remember. :nogood:

She might just be one of those gals who don't care about the names of a bag. If I wasn't in the market for my next bag, I probably wouldn't know the names either! Not to say that her bag was real/fake; just that we shouldn't always assume.

Maybe she didn't feel comfortable with you asking questions about things that belong to her...
ITA. some people do actually purchase large items rather spontaneously. Not everyone is a TPF dork that memorizes the style name and season of every bag that comes out (lol).

Also, I have heard of SALES ASSOCIATES saying they don't even know the style names of the bags they sell. :Push:

I didn't even know the Chanel Timeless Clutch came in python until someone on TPF said they bought one.

On a different note, I've seen two girls at university carrying Ramonas, and I wondered whether they were authentic or not (though I'd never dare to blatantly ask).

Well, without adding to the arguement, I know the names of all my bags...and shoes, so I would find it strange that someone with such an expensive item would not know it by its style name, I think even if it was a gift you would probably know because who other than a very, very close pal or relative would buy a gift that valuable without knowing what they were buying or more importantly that you would def want that one. :shrugs:

Even if I was caught unaware by someone that said... 'oh I like your ''name'' bag' it would only take a few seconds to realise what they were refering to. However the evidence is inconclusive, pure speculation I admit :roflmfao:

Period.

deep breath people.

That's not exactly what happened. It's not like she liked someone's bag, complimented the girl and it, and then was confused by the reaction. She judged before doing any of that and said herself that she "decided to call her out on it." To me, it's about intention, and this seems unnecessary and mean spirited.

Jimmy Choos are also sold at some department stores. Not all SAs know the names of the bags. I asked an SA to pass me a Muse one day and she was utterly confused as to which bag to hand me. I think there is a better chance her bag was real than fake. If it were fake she probably would have sought out the replica with the name. I think most people who buy one or two nice bags do not focus on the "name".