Do you still have your childhood purses?

PsychoBagLady

Bag & Scarf Crazy
O.G.
Jun 2, 2007
I still have a few of my childhood purses. They're stored with some other things from my early days but I take a look a them from time to time and walk down memory lane. I had a Winnie the Pooh barrel bag that I used to carry to Sunday School along with my childrens Bible. I also had a little vinyl purse my parents bought for me on my first trip to Disney World when I was 5. I think it still has crayon marks in it. Glad it's vinyl! :smile: Those are just a few that I can remember. What were your childhood purses and do you still have them? Did you pass them on to your daughter(s)?

i don't think i had purses when i was little, maybe kid's backpacks. But I have LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG since sold my abercrombie purse and my puma vinyl sport purse from the i'm-20-in-university-and-broke-but-want-you-to-see-my-brand purses LOL!!!

I have passed on my purse to my little one,
I had it put away in a keepsake box with my old things,
or it would have never made it.:girlsigh:
Here it is an original Cabbage patch kids purse with matching wallet.
CabbagePatchPurse.jpg

I had two purses as a kid. I got it when I was 8 and it was a white faux leather one with a green strap. My mom paid $10 at the grocery store, which was a lot for her back then. The other one was a navy blue mini-backpack when they were all the rage. I no longer have either and still smile at the purses that I thought were so fashionable.

CabbagePatchPurse.jpg
OhmiGod!!! I had this purse!!! I had totally forgotten all about it until I just saw your picture!! Wow, that brought back memories! I'm a total packrat, so I'm gonna go hunting!! Thanks for bringing a smile to my face!:smile:

I don't think I carried any bags when I was a child, but I still got some silly ones from my teenager days. Here is my duck messenger (looks like Pekkle from the Sanrio collection), also convertible into a backpack. The writing says "luxury duck" in Chinese phonetic spelling.

Attachments

• Duck.jpg
    Duck.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 32
I don't think I have any of mine from when I was little, but I do have some old purses from high school that are from Aeropostale and things of the sort. Yikes!

What a cute thread !!
I have my brownie purse, from the Girl Scout collection, and it's over 30 years old.....I came across it the other day, all stiff, but otherwise in good condition...here she is.....circa 1974...:tender:

Attachments

• brownie.jpg
    brownie.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 42
This is fun reading about and seeing your bags. Oh, and yes, Hello Kitty counts. I had a Hello Kitty makeup bag. I could only wear clear gloss and blush so that's all I had in it. lol Keep em coming. Its fun to remember who you were and how much you've grown. Although, I don't think I ever grew up. Married, grown and making my own money - but I still think I'm Daddy's Little Girl.

The closest thing I have to a childhood purse is a cosmetics case I got for Christmas from my then boyfriend's mom at age 16. However, I do have a lot of other childhood items. I have a stuffed Kermit the Frog from when I was 18 months old! My underdeveloped tongue didn't allow me to pronounce Kermit the Frog, so I used to just call him "Mit Frog". I also have a really neat toy car from around that time. The car is made of metal and you rev it up, hit a button, and it takes off across the floor. I have also have some dolls from my childhood too. However, good old "Mit Frog" is my favorite childhood item.

CabbagePatchPurse.jpg
Oh my gosh I had this purse and wallet im sure its still in my parents basement for sure!talk about pack rats!!! Also I had those jordache purses that were like little leather saks that you could where across your chest I had one in purple and green the strap looked like a long shoelace. I also had the same kind of bag but it said thriller on it (micheal jackson) scary!! not to mention I had a wooden handle holly hobby purse that you could reverse. im sure ALL of this is still in my parents basement still, a major fire hazard waiting to happen that basement!!