Do You Pick Up After Your Dog When You Walk Him/Her...

Always! I've even used a leaf before when in a pinch (gotta love having a small dog with small output)! The only time I didn't is when my uncle insisted that I didn't need to up at his place in the Poconos. He said if I wasn't willing to go pick up the deer/fox/groundhog/etc. poo, then I shouldn't bother. :roflmfao: I used to struggle with putting something so biodegradable in such a nonbiodegradable thing (still did it though), but now i buy the biodegradable bags, so that fixed that problem (I don't use what the apt complex provides anymore because those aren't biodegradable).

That's not what grass is for. Would you be so uncaring if it was your lawn that dogs were pooping on?

I always pick up after my dog. I think it is incredibly rude when folks don't, because someone else always invariably steps in it.

It's not lawns or sidewalk. It's that little patch between the sidewalk and the street that nobody walks on. In my neighborhood dogs crap on it all the time and nobody picks it up. You just know there might be dog poop there.

It's not lawns or sidewalk. It's that little patch between the sidewalk and the street that nobody walks on. In my neighborhood dogs crap on it all the time and nobody picks it up. You just know there might be dog poop there.

Someone still owns that property! I consider that part of my lawn. Its part of the land I pay property taxes on! It has to be mowed by the homeowner just like the rest of the lawn. Just because everyone lets their dogs poop there and not pick it up doesn't make it right. Plus it could cause potential health problems for ALL of your dogs to leave it there.

Leaving poop laying around from a dog potentially spreads internal parasites (WORMS), and other infectious pathogens. ALWAYS pick up - very ignorant not to.

For those who pick up after your dog, I assume your dog is trained to only poop when going out on walks? What about those of you with outdoor dogs? Do they have one part of the yard that you pick up after?

I don't have a dog yet but wasn't sure how this worked. =)

For those who pick up after your dog, I assume your dog is trained to only poop when going out on walks? What about those of you with outdoor dogs? Do they have one part of the yard that you pick up after?

Not sure I understand your question regarding only pooping on walks, but for me the dog is only allowed to relieve her self outside - I don't do the puppy pad thing. But yes, every time we go out, WE go out, and I pick up after her. Whether its in the little pen I have in back, or on a leash in the front yard, or on a walk. Even if we're not on a walk but in the pen or just out front, I'm outside with her and pick up immediately afterwards.

Yep- even have used a leaf , clusters of Spanish moss, and last night, I had to walk up and down the street looking for one of the free newspaper things that are left on driveways on Wed. I know if you haven't picked it up by Friday, even when trash is picked up Friday, you aren't gonna read it! So, I found one, took the bag and carried the paper home to the trash. At least I made the street look a little cleaner too, w/ the paper pick up!

What about those of you with outdoor dogs? Do they have one part of the yard that you pick up after?

We have two outdoor dogs, and they are trained to go in one area when they are outside of their kennel -- it's a patch of dirt next to the garage. DH has the pooper-scooper job and he cleans out the kennel nearly every week.

We flipped a coin and he got the outside pooper (dogs), and I got the inside (bathroom cleaning twice weekly)!

Eww gross. Does the city even manicure that area? I'd hate to be the guy that cleans the blades on his mower. Can you imagine those people who don't actually have a dog that just want to use the sidewalk and have to look at the continues trail of dog feces on their daily walk or jog. "Hey guys ya wanna take a run thru dogsh*t alley today?" Even as a dog owner who's experienced in poop scooping, I don't think I'd even want to walk that neighborhood.

I do not pick up my dogs poop. I live in the country with critter poop everywhere, besides my neighbors would think I was an idiot if they saw me picking up dog poo. On the other hand, I will not let my dog use the bathroom in someones yard, not #1 or #2.

My girl is not an outside dog, but she only poops when outside (unless she's sick). When she's at my parents' house and uses the yard, I go on patrol a few times a week and pick it all up. Their backyard isn't huge, but she doesn't go in one designated spot. After enough time though, she finds her favorite places. :shrugs: Who knows why she picks them, but she does