Do you need to feel it? Buying BBags online via the internet v in retail stores

I need to see pics, but not feel it since that is never possible for me. I can always tell from the pics if the leather is good or not.

I think it's preferable to be able to see/feel it before buying it, but I'm growing more comfortable with not doing so because of the limited availability of some colors/styles (and as a result, having to do charge-sends, buying online, etc)

I think as long as your SA really knows what you "like" in your BBags, and you feel confident they will pick out the right one for you because of their knowledge of what you like, it is totally fine to just blindly have one sent.

I lucked out with diabro, twice now. I don't really mind ordering them online as long as they understand what I want and say they have it. So far so good. I prefer buying them in person but then it gets more expensive because it's become cheaper with the falling dollar to buy in the US...

I purchased two Work bags from Bluefly recently -- my first Balenciaga purchases sight unseen. Picking a bag out based on its leather would have been more enjoyable -- not so much the part about paying full retail prices though!

I buy almost all my bags sight unseen as well :smile: We have one reseller here but the prices are something awful. I just specify the type of leather I want (to online resellers) as best as can and then hope for the best. If it's a HG hard-to-get-everywhere-else color that the local reseller has, then I'll use that as my last resort.

I think physically seeing it would be preferable. But for me, it's not mandatory.

What is very tough is when you have a choice for the same bag. On one occasion, I was able to pick from several of the very same bag (same style, same color). The decision was almost paralyzing. I picked one only to go back a few days later to pick another.

I buy alot of my bags online, so I really take a chance. I've been pretty lucky so far (although my 08 Pale Magenta was alittle dry, but some Lubriderm helped that issue). Our local Holts does sell Bbags, but I find they are more expensive (atleast the last time I checked) and I rarely get downtown (which is where they are located).

I have ordered several bags over the phone, but only a couple from places that returning or exchanging would be hard or impossible or costly. I ordered one bag from Aloha Rag and I wasn't crazy about it because the seams were uneven but I held onto it too long so I had to sell it on Ebay. I think I bought two over the phone from BNY, one I loved and one I am ok with but not crazy about. I cancelled my last BNY order before it shipped since they refused to send a photo.

I buy from NM a lot because it is an easy return for me. But I am getting to the point where I want to see before I buy. I wasn't going to buy any more bags locally due to the high sales tax here but I saw a bag I loved at Shirisses the other day and I snapped it up. I am learning what type of leather I like but the problem with describing it to a SA is, they often say things like 'all the leather is the same' and at that point, I know it is pointless to try to even determine over the phone what kind of leather I will be getting.

I just made a BLIND order today:wtf:. 20 mins ago to be exactly. I HATE ordering bags that i've never seen in person...style and color! just hoping for the best.:yes::angel: i took a lot of people's advice n ordered through BalNY. im so nervous, hopefully wont regret it. I ordered the cinnamon/brown in the city. I've been wanting a Bbag for like 2 years now! so finally i was like i HAVE to have it. lol. It's sad cuz there is absolutely no Bbag in my area. the closest store is a state away which is about 4 hrs. drive for me.

The only thing i don't understand is why BalNY do not do full refunds. They only give store credit. I think im taking a huge risk here. i will seriously have a heart attack if i ended up not like the Bbag at all....99% that won't happen.

That's my fear too, esp Bal bags are not cheap. All the best.:smile:

I have ordered several bags over the phone, but only a couple from places that returning or exchanging would be hard or impossible or costly. I ordered one bag from Aloha Rag and I wasn't crazy about it because the seams were uneven but I held onto it too long so I had to sell it on Ebay. I think I bought two over the phone from BNY, one I loved and one I am ok with but not crazy about. I cancelled my last BNY order before it shipped since they refused to send a photo.

I buy from NM a lot because it is an easy return for me. But I am getting to the point where I want to see before I buy. I wasn't going to buy any more bags locally due to the high sales tax here but I saw a bag I loved at Shirisses the other day and I snapped it up. I am learning what type of leather I like but the problem with describing it to a SA is, they often say things like 'all the leather is the same' and at that point, I know it is pointless to try to even determine over the phone what kind of leather I will be getting.

If I ever make a purchase over the phone and found that I don't like it, I have to pay a lot for shipping, that is to and fro for the bag, and once more for exchanging to another model. That's why I'm afraid of ordering via phone. Guess my choices are limited as the Bal store in my country sells bags at way to high prices and the stocks are limited. So far, my sky blue was purchased with the help from my sis when she was overseas. She loves the leather;)

I think physically seeing it would be preferable. But for me, it's not mandatory.

What is very tough is when you have a choice for the same bag. On one occasion, I was able to pick from several of the very same bag (same style, same color). The decision was almost paralyzing. I picked one only to go back a few days later to pick another.

Hmm, guess that's a tough decision to be made. I would want to be in your shoes though, to be able to feel every piece.:graucho:

i love to feel, to see the leather, to look at every single detail of the bag before buying it. i have the chance to live in paris where there are balenciaga shops, the printemps haussmann is near my work, just 10 minutes' walk, so i go there very often, too often i think. haha, but i found out that even the same bag, same color, of the same year can be totally different. my black twiggy is the one i prefer out of 6 twiggies i saw and chose from. there were more veiny leather, more even leather, mine is soft and has the vintage look that i love. but i bought my teal work without seeing it in real life, i'm not disappointed, cause the 05 leather is yummy and the color so rich. i just bought a sandstone shoulder without seeing it too. still waiting for it, and i think i won't be disappointed. ;):tup::smile: