Do you like Hermes Garden party?

Hello!

This is my very first post here on TPF, I just recently had a baby and one of the unfortunate side-effect of being bed bound for a few months prior to her birth was the re-awakening of my luxury shopping habit :P I had the habit totally in control for awhile too, sigh...

Well, I've acquire quite a few items in the last few months and also have become quite a lurker on TPF. One of my dear friends is looking to unload her brand-new (literally carried once) Hermes garden party in orange. I believe the size is MM, though not positive. She has offered it to me as she knows I've been circling (and resisting) the siren call of Hermes...

Question;
1. Durability (I know it's an easy bag to use, and I was planning on using it as a work bag)
2. Is orange just too..... hermes? I went on a Chanel shopping binge and have 4 black Chanel bags and was looking for a fun color, but am getting a bit of cold feet.
3. Is orange easy to wear? I'm chinese descent and generally wear black/grey/neutral/nautically things...

Thanks for any advice ladies!
I am not generally an orange person. It is simply not a color I wear. However, I have found orange bags are wonderful. With neutral colors it adds a pop and when wearing a color it offers a nice contrast. I changes bags each month so whatever I am carrying goes out the door with whatever I have on and 98% of the time I feel orange works.

Have been eying garden parties, but don't own one yet.

Hello!

This is my very first post here on TPF, I just recently had a baby and one of the unfortunate side-effect of being bed bound for a few months prior to her birth was the re-awakening of my luxury shopping habit :P I had the habit totally in control for awhile too, sigh...

Well, I've acquire quite a few items in the last few months and also have become quite a lurker on TPF. One of my dear friends is looking to unload her brand-new (literally carried once) Hermes garden party in orange. I believe the size is MM, though not positive. She has offered it to me as she knows I've been circling (and resisting) the siren call of Hermes...

Question;

1. Durability (I know it's an easy bag to use, and I was planning on using it as a work bag)

2. Is orange just too..... hermes? I went on a Chanel shopping binge and have 4 black Chanel bags and was looking for a fun color, but am getting a bit of cold feet.

3. Is orange easy to wear? I'm chinese descent and generally wear black/grey/neutral/nautically things...

Thanks for any advice ladies!

For as much as I love orange H bags I feel orange on MM Garden Party too much due to the size and the structure of the bag.

Thank you ladies for your responses!! I really appreciate it.. I prolly will pass as I think my lifestyle is just too bland for such a colorful bag but sometimes resistance is futile!!! (I'm suppose to meet her next week for lunch and I'm sure we will talk about it again and I may cave :sad:

Thank you ladies for your responses!! I really appreciate it.. I prolly will pass as I think my lifestyle is just too bland for such a colorful bag but sometimes resistance is futile!!! (I'm suppose to meet her next week for lunch and I'm sure we will talk about it again and I may cave :sad:

I think an orange garden party would be amazing with the colors in your wardrobe.
Orange is a fantastic color, Hermes signature color and the perfect pop for a neutral wardrobe.

Do not be afraid of orange. Embrace it!!!

my lifestyle couldn't be more bland, and my wardrobe is all black and neutrals.... but adore my juicy orange lindy. as live the lake wisely said, don't be afraid to embrace your orange!

I think an orange garden party would be amazing with the colors in your wardrobe.
Orange is a fantastic color, Hermes signature color and the perfect pop for a neutral wardrobe.

Do not be afraid of orange. Embrace it!!!

Lol!!! I love the advice. As I wrote originally I had purchased four black chanel bags and I'm jot really liking how they r disappearing into my outfit: the flap bags are also super heavy and the chain is really hurting my shoulders. I think a colorful gp could solve my problems !

Lol!!! I love the advice. As I wrote originally I had purchased four black chanel bags and I'm jot really liking how they r disappearing into my outfit: the flap bags are also super heavy and the chain is really hurting my shoulders. I think a colorful gp could solve my problems !

If you go on the Handbags and Purses forum and do a search on "orange bags" I seem to remember there's an old thread in which several members posted pics of their orange bags with various outfits. This may be helpful! :smile:

I am debating buying an orange GP. I am going to Crystals in Vegas for business in a month and I am hoping to see what they have.

A friend has the most adorable GP in Rose Lipstick. I want it! but I didn't know they ever even made that color?

I am debating buying an orange GP. I am going to Crystals in Vegas for business in a month and I am hoping to see what they have.

A friend has the most adorable GP in Rose Lipstick. I want it! but I didn't know they ever even made that color?

Btw I saw a rouge piment at south coast plaza hermes about 10 days ago; it was such a beautiful color!!!

I asked this in the clubhouse thread but haven't had much of a response, so hopefully it's ok that I ask again here:

Ladies with a fjord GP: how is it holding up? Any slouch? I love the GP, but I sold my negondas because I'm not a fan of how soft the leather gets. Would love some insight on how fjord holds up on the MM size GP TIA!

I asked this in the clubhouse thread but haven't had much of a response, so hopefully it's ok that I ask again here:

Ladies with a fjord GP: how is it holding up? Any slouch? I love the GP, but I sold my negondas because I'm not a fan of how soft the leather gets. Would love some insight on how fjord holds up on the MM size GP TIA!

Fjord holds the shape better than negondas or vache country definitely
I got two gp in fjord
Its a wonderful leather