Do you like Hermes Garden party?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I am deciding on MJ stam or Hermes Garden party right now...

Regarding the Garden party, anyone expert on the size and color??

I heard they have standard size, Medium and GM in canvas, leather( not so sure), wool , and a rubber like material.

Personally, I am interested on the Wool or Rubber material but I found wool might not be durable ?? and it might only suitable for winter?

On the other hand, for the rubber material, I love the color ( black) and it looks so chic! but after I spoke with Hermes SA today, she told me this material already discontinued. From time to time, I might still able to spot some used one on eBay.

Should I buy the Rubber material even it has been discontinued? :weird:

Which one you girls love more??

All pics from eBay.

wool.JPG canvas.JPG rubber.JPG
  2. i have a regular garden which is similar to the 2nd one in ur attachement.
    I think it is a fairly large size for me, dimensionally similar to the regular spy but since it is sqare, it is much more roomy.

I am not sure about the rubber material, but mine is canvas plus leather in the grey/blk combination. It is a very nice document bag for office use i guess, although i haven't started working yet...

i would suggest u go with the leather version, if the price is not too different. It is very durable for the leather. I have had it for like several years already (although i am not using it on a daily basis, in fact, hardly used it) but i don't see much wears and tears...

I will post some pictures later for ur reference.

3. I have mixed feelings about this bag. I saw a few tonight while @ Hermes and they looked really plain. Really a practical bag though :biggrin: I prefer the Herbag to this in non-leather.

4. Does anyone know the dimensions of the different sizes of these? Also, how much are they in leather?

5. I agree with Noriko, I like the style of the Herbag more. But this tote would be practical and useful.

6. I love the style of the Hermes bag. I saw it in real life at the store and it was really neat.

There are a few slightly used ones on eBay the last time I looked.

7. I vote for the Hermes over the MJ (forgot to say)!

8. The rubber material is called Amazonia. I have a friend with a GP in this material but prefer the wool/canvas with leather trim in the GP.
    Just a good, simple tote. Hmmm... for prices I want to say that they are under $1200 but I'm not 100% positive. :smile:

9. Yes I agree GP is a big plain compare to other bag, I dont really like it at the start but now I feel it might be good to use for work because I never use my Brand Name handbag to work. I afraid ppl gossip about me and my bag and my income. ( cos my salary is quite low, and they might say I am so crazy to spend all my $$ in a bag!! )

Once a while ago, I told a friend how much salary i am getting and I told her i am planning to buy a MJ stam, she said " OH u r salary is so low, u better save it, dont spend it all on ONE BAG! " and i feel suck..

So i think GP might be a nice low-key bag to work?!

I really like the black color of the AMAZONIA GP.

and the colorful wool GP is a nice choice too!! really hard to pick.

10. I love the GP in brown with the orange twilly. It is really cute!:biggrin: I would love to get one.

11. I am just planning to buy the canvas GP ... but sadly that's no Hermes shop in my country.. so I can only buy one when I travel to other place or bid one from eBay..

12. ChloeSS, which country are you from?

13. Gigi,

I originally from HK but I live at New Zealand right now :P

14. ChloeSS, you're right. There is not a single Hermes store in New Zealand! :worried: That's strange...

Looks like the closest stores to you would be Australia...am i right ? There are Hermes stores in Gold Coast, Sydney & Melbourne.

I have some Japanese catalogue-type magazines with info. on Hermes bags, let me read up on the Garden Party bags & I'll post what I can find out for you.

15. I have the smaller canvas w/leather trim. It's too open and the metallic button is a little hard to close. I still think it's really cute, though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice