Do you keep all your bags or find yourself reselling?

Unfortunately Ebay enables this habit. I buy and the moment I tire, I list it. I don't think I will ever be satisfied. I'm in love for a month or 2 until something prettier comes along...

Enjoy yourself! Indulge!
Cheers,

I haven't sold any of my bags but in some occasions I have gven them to good friends who i knew they would be happy to have. I knew that the money that I would take from selling would be nothing compared to happy faces...Don't take me wrong it's not pity...I simply love them..

My friends are the ones that make my world magical...

Can I be one of your friends?:smile:

I have considered selling some of my bags, but honestly...ebay scares me. I have heard so many horror stories, I would rather just admire my growing collection.

I generally don't. When I buy a bag, I do intend to use it forever till it falls apart and I usually only buy if I absolutely love it or if it's a steal. I've sold only a few bags (under 5) in my life so far, only because I don't find a chance to use it, etc. Only if I never use the bag is it going to be sold. Why go through the hassle of buying and selling and repeating the cycle? I have emotional attachment to my bags :love: Plus by the time I've worn them in good, who's going to buy a used bag? I only try selling bags I never use or use once.

I never sell any of my bags - so the collection just keeps on growing! I don't buy any super expensive bags ($600 is the absolute max, with most being bought on sale for $400 or less) so I don't usually need to sell any in order to buy a new one. Plus I don't think I could part with any of my bags! Clothes are one thing when it comes to recycling, but all of the bags I have are ones I absolutely love and I don't think I could ever decide which one to get rid of!

Everyone once in a while I do a purge. If I haven't used a bag in ages it's usually time for it to go. There are bags which I have which while I may like the style will have things which make it a pain to use. Too heavy, not enough pockets, badly organized, off to Ebay they go.

I haven't sold any of my bags but in some occasions I have gven them to good friends who i knew they would be happy to have. I knew that the money that I would take from selling would be nothing compared to happy faces...Don't take me wrong it's not pity...I simply love them..

My friends are the ones that make my world magical...

I would love to have you for a friend:smile:

I am thinking about selling one of my coach. I am in love with the LV Damier speedy 25 right now, and I am looking to buy one. Since i can't find a used one...I might have to splurge. lol

I've sold several of my Coach bags and a My Flat in London, and those went smoothly. I get a little bit uneasy about eBay with all the scams going on. All of bags were bought by me at Nordstrom, etc., so I know they're real, but I'm scared that someone will buy and switch them. The smaller ones that would probably get a lot less $$$ go to my mom and my aunt - same with lots of my unwanted jewelry, clothes and makeup. My higher end bags I usually keep - I can't bear to take such a huge loss on them. I'd rather let them collect dust. I loved every bag and shoe in my closet at one point, and don't want to "give" them away to a stranger/nutcase on eBay. I'd rather keep them or give them to someone I know will appreciate them.

Unfortunately Ebay enables this habit. I buy and the moment I tire, I list it. I don't think I will ever be satisfied. I'm in love for a month or 2 until something prettier comes along...

Enjoy yourself! Indulge!
Cheers,

I totally agree! I bought 5 Gucci bags on Ebay over the years and I have resold 3 of them after about a year and am about to list one more. They were all older styles but great bags in excellent condition. Once I get tired of them I resell them and make the same amount of money that I paid for them.

I have never recycled any of my bags that I bought new out of the store though and doubt I ever will. I value my store bought bags more and they cost way more.

I've sold several of my Coach bags and a My Flat in London, and those went smoothly. I get a little bit uneasy about eBay with all the scams going on. All of bags were bought by me at Nordstrom, etc., so I know they're real, but I'm scared that someone will buy and switch them. The smaller ones that would probably get a lot less $$$ go to my mom and my aunt - same with lots of my unwanted jewelry, clothes and makeup. My higher end bags I usually keep - I can't bear to take such a huge loss on them. I'd rather let them collect dust. I loved every bag and shoe in my closet at one point, and don't want to "give" them away to a stranger/nutcase on eBay. I'd rather keep them or give them to someone I know will appreciate them.

That's exactly how I do it too (b/c I'm uneasy w/ ebay too). I did sell my lower end bags when I started to get into higher end ones. Those transactions went well, but not brave enough to list some of my LVs that I no longer use...
I've been lurking around the ebay forum a lot and I am so shocked at how frequently bait&switch happens. Someone over there got a SPEAKER as a "return" of a "fake bag"!!! Of course the bag was authentic and the buyer knew it but...just wow...:wtf:

I have sold some of my less expensive designer bags on eBay that I bought but never used, and I usually donate my non-designer bags. The high end ones ($1,000+) that I have were purchased only after I was absolutely sure they were bags that I really, really wanted and would use. I absolutely love them, and could never part with them. I would feel awful if I sold one of them. I'm not sure why....it's not like it's a puppy .....:lol:

It's funny, I contacted an ebay member to talk about where she gets her bags to sell because she seemed to have so many of different designers--I just didn't believe it was her own collection (but it was!) She told me she was a member of this forum too.

I have some inexpensive $100-$200 bags that I can't part with because they are rare and by urban brands like Triple 5 Soul, Da-Nang, etc.

I lend out bags too, a friend who moved to Mexico has had one of my Paddy's for over a year now :sad:

But the ones I like to buy and resell on ebay are the ones I know I can get a good return on, and I often do--sometimes 100% if I'm lucky. This is the only way I can fund my bag fetish.