Do you have a trench coat?

Yes. I have a red London Fog trench coat that I just got this year! I don't think its a must... I've gotten this far without one. But I do enjoy the look, and when I saw this one, I just couldn't resist!

I have a Black one I wear a lot. It is Michael Kors and I love it.

I have always wanted a classic Burberry one in Khaki but when I tried it on my girlfriend told me I looked like Inspector Gadget :lol:

I have two, Anne Klein black one and Brooks Brother khaki one. I don't wear either one that much, because neither fit. The AK one is too big, and the BB one a little small. But it's a great look when I get one that's just right :biggrin:

I have an older Burberry I still use. I gave my 24 year old daughter a new khaki Burberry when she started working. Later I found a lovely Ralph Lauren one in black for her, on sale for $225 down from $1100. She uses both coats a lot. The khaki one has a wool lining and is a bit warmer.

I think a classic khaki trench always makes sense. Bannana Republic makes good ones sometimes. I grabbed a navy one on sale for $125 a year ago and gave another to my 22 year old niece who needed a coat for an interview after graduation and loves it.

I have four trenches:

Two Burberry Prorsum trenches - one in taupe pink and the other is in black taffeta.
Hugo Boss green trench
Kenneth Cole black trench with quarter length sleeves

I kind of think Trench coats are a must - at least a basic black or khaki trench. I wear mine quite a bit whenever it's cool or rainy during the day or night. It's quite versatile.

I have a khaki trench, although it's a bit more dressy than a usual trench as it lacks a belt. It's from the old Marshall Field's line. I don't wear it a lot. It's a miracle if I wear it twice a year. My wedding and funeral coat. I'm sure I would wear it more if it was more casual looking like a normal trench. But I think it's one of those classics that you just gotta have in your closet. Another consideration for me in buying it is that I'm short and it's darn hard to find coats, especially trenches, tailored for short ladies. I had never before found a trench that didn't look just plain stupid on me. This one required only a small bit of hemming and tailoring, so I had to buy it.

If you're considering a trench and you found one that looks good on you, I say buy it. Everyone needs one in their closet.

I have a friend who wears trenches regularly for work and nights out. But she's more fashionable than I am.

Yes, I love it but it took me a long time to find the right one. I have a Burberry trench in black. Because I'm short I got a petite Burberry size which can be hard to find but Nordstrom's carries them. I also went with a version that hits lower-thigh because the ones that go to below the knee are just overwhelming on me. I went with a synthetic fiber rather than cotton because I like the lighter weight of the synthetic and the cotton ones looked all bulky when I tried to belt them.

I would love to get a white trench too!

I :heart: trenchcoats! Couldn't live without them, so have so many :blush:

Burberry white 3/4 trench with silver buttons
Alena Akhmadullina dusky pink trench with puffed shoulders and large wooden buttons
D&G floral leather trench
Burberry Claybrooke (silk magenta swing) trench coat
Burberry beige trenchcoat dress
and some more Burberry variations on trench coats...

Do I? :nuts:

Burberry: navy

Acquascutum: Olive/brass buttons; reversible stone-mac /check-wool; limited edition 1953 picture of the the British coronation

Gucci: Black with brass horsebit hardware

Jitrois: Black leather trench

Loewe: Black leather trench

German (can't remember name) black leather trench, brown leather trench

Probably more I cant remember right now.

And I wished a had the Burberry mini one I said no to! :biggrin: