Do you have a signature metal

• All my pieces are yellow gold

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • All my pieces are white gold/silver

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Girl mix it up!

Votes: 28 59.6%

• Total voters
My skin tone is neutral so I can get away with mixing it up. I’d say it depends on what looks good on you and what you like?
There are days when I’d wear all white gold, tends to be colder months for some reason. I do like however to look at yellow gold so will frequently mix things up. I do have some pink gold in my collection which I also like wearing.

Reactions: Lucy616 and foxgal
Used to wear all white metal for decades until a few years ago when my DH and jeweler commented that YG was more flattering on my skintone. I was like, couldn’t you have told me this twenty years ago lol. I still primarily use phw on bags and belts bc I hated the preppy, flashy ghw my mom and grandmother wore in my childhood, and it seems that to match everything at this late stage is too exhausting :smile:. So I voted to mix it up.

I have a mix of YG, WG and a little RG. I also have some YG with stainless steel which is an awesome combo. I think YG is my favourite, it goes better with my skin tone. WG is harder maintenance, as you need to get it rhodium plated periodically. I do like silver, but I don’t have very much of it.

Gold or mix by day, statement gold only or white(s) by night.

Rg in the mix too. I have to say because my skin is light and peachy, rg doesn't show-up on me so well, but I think it looks lovely on people with golden skin or cool olive.

White looks best on my pink skin, but I mix metals daily without a second thought. My jewelry never matches, and I don’t even consider bag hardware anymore.
I have 2 rose gold pieces but only because they mix well with the others. RG is not my skin tones friend.

I only wear white, mostly platinum.

Most white gold I’m allergic to, although I have Graff white gold watch and a Nina’s diamond white gold bracelet which I can wear..but not earrings, or most white gold rings.

Yellow gold makes me look ill and washed out, although both my Mother and Sister only wear 18ct yellow gold.
My Niece also wears white metal, although she wears silver , some gifted by me..

I'm pale with pink undertones (burn relatively easily) so white gold is best for me. I have one gold piece but everything else is white gold. I'm soon going to replace that gold necklace with a white gold version. I do love gold, though!

I’m kinda strange. I only wear rose gold or platinum on my hands & wrists (steel if it’s a watch), & I only wear yellow gold earrings & necklaces!

Rose gold is my favourite gold to LOOK at. It’s so soft and feminine. It looks beautiful & elegant on my fingers & wrists (I tend to stick to Cartier).

Once I added blonde highlights in my brown hair I saw how much warmth yellow gold brings to my face whereas rose gold blended too much. The other issue I have is that I am always switching my earrings & necklaces daily. I can’t afford multiple versions of earrings & necklaces in 18kt rose gold & I find the plated/fashion pieces way too pink. Plated & fashion pieces in Yellow gold are much nicer meaning I can afford to have a lot of variety.

I have no issue mixing golds in this way. I don’t like to look to matchy & they are far enough to not clash. That’s what I think anyway :smile:

Reactions: missie1 and foxgal
Gold for summer and white gold or silver for winter

A lot of my classic pieces and items I love I always get the same in gold/white gold. Sometimes it gets really annoying when brands do something I love in only one colour.

I love rose and white golds/platinum; despite also having yellow gold pieces. Generally I am either in an all rose gold look, all white gold look or my fav: rose and white golds together. Something about that combo looks wonderful to me as the two shades work off one another. The rose gold shade tends to soften the boldness of the white gold. I'm not a big fan of mixing white and yellow personally. I find that combo too harsh as its is combining two bold metal shades together.

Reactions: missie1