Do you have a signature metal

• All my pieces are yellow gold

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • All my pieces are white gold/silver

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Girl mix it up!

Votes: 28 59.6%

• Total voters
Yellow definitely looks best on my skin tone and makes up about 80% of my fine jewelry. I wear a mix of metals on my wrists. Left consists of either my two tone Rolex/yg president/ stainless Apple Watch and right wrist all three metals of bracelets (bc I *needed* the Cartier rg rainbow) Rose gold is not very flattering on me. Yg neck and up.

Reactions: missie1
I own yellow, rose, white and green gold (which has a distinctive green tinge when compared to yellow gold). I also own big, chunky pieces in silver. I own platinum, titanium and stainless steel pieces as well. I definitely prefer yellow, rose and green gold, but sometimes I just want to wear big jewelry that only comes in silver or ultra modern designs in steel or titanium. I have all the metal colors covered!

I like diamond jewelry, so I prefer platinum, because I think it looks the most seamless with diamonds. But that’s not because I like white metals by themselves.

I try to vary my jewelry by buying all the metal colors. If a piece showcases more metal than stones (like the plain love bracelet) I will generally not be interested in the white version of the piece.

I somewhat prefer yellow gold over rose gold, but I actually own more rose gold pieces because it’s what has the most availability these days.

The color of metal I buy is really dependent on the jewelry itself, and what I think thematically matches the overall design. Like, if it’s a heart design, I’d prefer rose gold. If it’s a bee, I’d prefer yellow gold. If it’s a snowflake, then I’d go with white.

Overall though, I’d say maybe 50% to 60% of my jewelry is white. Then maybe 25% to 30% is rose. And the remainder 20% to 25% is yellow.

This might make it sound like my “signature” metal is white. But I rotate the metal colors I wear, so I don’t think the exposure of white metals is much higher than the other colors. It’s more that my yellow gold and rose gold pieces have more staple pieces that I’m constantly rotating into.

As I like to say, life is too short to only wear one color of metal for the rest of your life!

Reactions: Louish and foxgal
I mix yellow gold and rose gold and they’re also the pieces that I own more of. I feel like they’re similar enough with a tiny bit of contrasts between the gold color for me to play around with.

White gold or platinum looks too harsh on me imo. I do have a platinum ring that I wear pretty much all the time and sometimes I think it looks out of place with my other gold jewelries. I don’t care too much because it’s a sentimental piece but I do prefer wearing wg/plat together than mixing them with my yg/rg pieces.

I tend to wear both yellow and white gold, but I have very little rose gold. It blends on my skin in an unattractive way.

I do occasionally do an "all-yellow" or "all-white" look (the latter is more common than the former since my studs, for eg, are set in WG) but most of the time I end up with a two-tone look since my favourite daily ring and my watch are TT.

I never mix my few rose gold pieces with yellow gold though, I feel like they clash. RG mixes with WG only.

My collection is probably about 75% yellow gold and 25% white gold/platinum, but yellow gold is my signature metal as I reach for it most of the time. I love the look of it and also how it flatters my hair and complexion (light blonde, pale skin).

I used to have a small handful of rose gold pieces but have gone off this metal colour over the last few years to the point that I actively dislike it now.

I don’t normally mix metals much apart from my watches which are two tone steel and yellow gold, but am gradually starting to wear my yellow and white metal pieces together more and more. I have a weird OCD about earrings and necklaces having to match (metal colour), so those would be either yellow OR white, but really like the look of a mixed metal bracelet stack. Also, as my watch and bracelets are often both mixed metals, I find it easier to add a ring in a contrasting metal as it will still match something on my wrist!

I go through phases. Right now I am all about yellow gold. But I know that over time I will swing back towards rose gold. And I do have white gold but I prefer to save money and buy silver as a preferred white metal.
In a perfect world I would have the same price in all three metal colors haha!