Do you have a Chanel backpack?

Jun 24, 2019
Hey y’all! I‘ve never found myself too interested in Chanel for several reasons but lately have been fixated on the look and idea of a Chanel backpack.

I don’t see too many posts on here regarding backpacks and would like to hear your thoughts on them. Do you own one? What style? Did you purchase vintage and/or pre-loved? Pros, cons, etc. I’m particularly interested in the Duma and Business Affinity style backpacks but am open to hearing about Chanel backpacks in general. Please share your experience and opinions, would love to hear them!

I was given mine a very long time ago by my mother so it's definitely vintage. It's a large.

chanelbackpack copy.jpg

My pros may be your cons and vice versa, but a big con is I constantly have to hold the chains if it's on my back (hardly ever) or both straps on on one shoulder because it tips. It's NOT handsfree ever. That also means although it maybe large, it's really annoying heavy.

I admit, I don't usually like chain straps on anything but small or evening bags.

Pretty cool looking though and I don't baby it at all, and it reminds me of my mother

I was given mine a very long time ago by my mother so it's definitely vintage. It's a large.

View attachment 5713485

My pros may be your cons and vice versa, but a big con is I constantly have to hold the chains if it's on my back (hardly ever) or both straps on on one shoulder because it tips. It's NOT handsfree ever. That also means although it maybe large, it's really annoying heavy.

I admit, I don't usually like chain straps on anything but small or evening bags.

Pretty cool looking though and I don't baby it at all, and it reminds me of my mother
What a sentimental piece! Thank you for sharing - this is the first time I’ve heard of your con (after having watched a handful of videos on YouTube) but it’s certainly something to consider. I don’t have a bag with sliding chains like Chanel so I wouldn’t have thought of it.

• Thanks
Reactions: papertiger
What a sentimental piece! Thank you for sharing - this is the first time I’ve heard of your con (after having watched a handful of videos on YouTube) but it’s certainly something to consider. I don’t have a bag with sliding chains like Chanel so I wouldn’t have thought of it.

I read what I wrote back. I didn't mean the bag itself is heavy, not at all, I meant if I fill it and it's heavy it's annoying. I hope that came across

Reactions: pestoisthebesto
Hey y’all! I‘ve never found myself too interested in Chanel for several reasons but lately have been fixated on the look and idea of a Chanel backpack.

I don’t see too many posts on here regarding backpacks and would like to hear your thoughts on them. Do you own one? What style? Did you purchase vintage and/or pre-loved? Pros, cons, etc. I’m particularly interested in the Duma and Business Affinity style backpacks but am open to hearing about Chanel backpacks in general. Please share your experience and opinions, would love to hear them!
I have one for sale but im in two minds to keep her as she is gorgeous. She is a vintage I prefer the quality and boy does she look different every time i use her people always make comments.

I read what I wrote back. I didn't mean the bag itself is heavy, not at all, I meant if I fill it and it's heavy it's annoying. I hope that came across
I understand what you’re saying.

If the backpack wasn’t gifted to you, do you think it would have been a purchase you would have made yourself? I’m fixated on the idea of a backpack but wonder if I should go for something similar at a lower price point and save my money for a regular handbag purchase.

I have owned a few, love them! Can’t get enough lol
For me it was trail and error which style I like best. I had the urban spirit mini, the business affinity backpack, I tried the duma. I didn’t like the duma new mini. My favorite one is an odd ball and not for all. But it’s the perfect size for me, and it actually dresses up and elevates my outfits. I’m a jeans and T-shirt kind of girl. This one is the metallic bubble backpack from ss 2018. Bought used, never used. It’s my favorite out of all of them.

DD1F22BA-39D6-4AF3-AF9B-E701DF0388E8.jpeg

For me it was trail and error which style I like best. I had the urban spirit mini, the business affinity backpack, I tried the duma. I didn’t like the duma new mini. My favorite one is an odd ball and not for all. But it’s the perfect size for me, and it actually dresses up and elevates my outfits. I’m a jeans and T-shirt kind of girl. This one is the metallic bubble backpack from ss 2018. Bought used, never used. It’s my favorite out of all of them.

View attachment 5714377
Aw gorgeous! I haven’t come across your model of backpack in my search on the pre-loved market. What didn’t you like about the new duma (I assume from 22C?)

Reactions: BrownBuggy
I understand what you’re saying.

If the backpack wasn’t gifted to you, do you think it would have been a purchase you would have made yourself? I’m fixated on the idea of a backpack but wonder if I should go for something similar at a lower price point and save my money for a regular handbag purchase.

My taste shouldn't really come into it, we're all so different. I personally prefer leather straps and handles on bags, especially on larger bags. Chains freak me out a bit.

I'm not really a backpack person either, I only have 2 other backpacks, a Burberry that I use for the gym and dance classes (heavy things) and a army surplus camouflage bag I literally go hiking with. The biggest difference, the other 2 a real backpacks, the Chanel is just a really cool looking bag that looks like a backpack (for me).

Try to think of it less as a backpack and more as a good-looking casual-but-cool piece and you get the idea. I can't tell you how many people rave about it when I wear it so it must look good to others.

I prefer the backpack to the Trendy, 19, Puffy, 22, Mini and plenty of other, and I suppose it stopped me from buying a Gabrielle (which I quite liked).

If I was you, I would go to Chanel and try it (or again if you already have done)

Last edited:

View attachment 5714377

That's a beauty, I like the leather straps