do you get compliments on your diamond studs?

I frequently get compliments, but I think part of it is that they are emerald cut, which is not so common. They are also unusually clear, because they are F-IF, and they are 4ctw, but often are thought to be bigger. I just say thanks, and if someone I don't know asks if they are real, I say they're CZ.

Thanks for the advice Purpleshirt (and Swanky)--

The jeweler is a friend of my in-laws, so he actually sent me the earrings to try at home. If he had initially told me that he had imperfect stones, I would have told him not to bother sending them (as I wasn't interested). But, he just sent two pairs in our price range to show different size/quality. I really am shocked at how good the imperfect stones look! Now I just have to decide if I can live with knowing that they are not great quality. I have taken them outside, inside, etc. and they still sparkle. I'll ask him about the certs. Thanks again for the input!

poubelle, do they have GIA certs? I wouldn't make such a large purchase without them. What does the cut, polish, symmetry say?

Did you see the diamonds in all different lights? If you saw them only in the jeweler's showroom, they may look...not as good in other lighting. The showroom can make anything sparkle.

My point is, CUT is what makes those babies sparkle & look nice etc. So pls make sure they have a nice cut