do you get compliments on your diamond studs?

I notice diamond studs on other ladies all the time, but never thought to compliment them on them. I love the look but I guess they are such everyday jewelry that I just don't think about saying anything.

I don't think people notice them b/c they are common, unless they know yours are new or you were getting them. The only time anyone has ever said anything about mine is when I switched shapes to a princess cut pair from a normal round pair.

I wear my diamond studs everyday, and I NEVER get comments on them. I think that they are just so common that people don't even think about it. I also assume that most people with diamond-looking studs are CZs, knowing them and their background. And it's sometimes hard to tell the difference between diamonds and CZ on the ears. So unfortunately, it's not that special to have some pretty diamond studs, even though they can cost a chunk of change!! But I'd rather have diamonds and no one ever know that CZ.

you should start a new thread. . .tell us more about your needs/wants:yes:
there's several threads about it.

Swanky Mama of Three-- I need your advice. (Sorry if this is the wrong thread for it, but I am new to this site.) I am getting diamond studs for my birthday, so a jeweler we know sent two pairs for my review. One pair is 4.02 ctw, H/I in color and the other pair is 3.01 ctw, H in color. The pairs are basically the same in price, but the 3.01 set is SI1 quality, while the bigger stones are visibly included (though the inclusions can only be seen if you take the earring off and look at the back of the stone). At first I thought there was no way that I would go less than SI1 in quality! (I certainly don't want to buy total junk). But, surprisingly, both pairs of earrings are absolutely gorgeous on and equally as sparkly! What would you do? Thanks! -Poubelle (Also a Mama of three, and soon-to-be-swankier!)

poubelle, do they have GIA certs? I wouldn't make such a large purchase without them. What does the cut, polish, symmetry say?

Did you see the diamonds in all different lights? If you saw them only in the jeweler's showroom, they may look...not as good in other lighting. The showroom can make anything sparkle.

My point is, CUT is what makes those babies sparkle & look nice etc. So pls make sure they have a nice cut

I don't think I have ever got compliments on mine either. I agree that w/ so many people wearing cz studs, they don't go noticed. The only person that has ever commented on the fact that I always wear diamond studs (& noticed they were diamonds) was my jeweler.

I've gotten many compliments on my studs from women working in jewelry stores, including the high end ones. I just smile and say thank you.

The funny thing is, my studs aren't diamonds. They're CZ studs I bought for $2.50 in Manhattan. :whistle: