do you gals want your boyfriend to be fashion-addict & shopaholic?

Good point, Selena. I told mine, Saks Fifth Avenue is having a sale on Marc Jacobs purses tonight. I dispose of the evidence quickly, price tags and receipts.

As much as it would hurt our pocketbook, my man could afford a little help from the masters.

Too bad I can't get him to lust over the man items from LV :sad:

No way! There's only enough room for one diva/spoiled brat in the house! :lol:
However, my bf is quite fashion savvy (wears 7 jeans, ben sherman, lacoste, etc.) and I'm glad he understands that sometimes, looking good = feeling good!

sometimes yes and sometimes no.

I would definitely want him to be more fashion-forward when we're shopping together since him and my mom are the only people I can truly shop with, it would be nice if he told me how things looked on me, etc.

I wouldn't want him to be fashion-forward to the point where he is spending more than me and the only thing holding the relationship together is our love for fashion, that's a definite no.

I am quite happy with my husband being the way he is, otherwise we would have to move into a house built out of my purses and shoe boxes!!! Don't get me wrong, he loves to dress up, but he doesn't need 50 pairs of jeans or 150 pairs of shoes to be happy!:lol: :nuts: :nuts: :lol:

no...not really...i have this guy friend who is OBSESSED with fashion...so much so that he makes me feel un-fashionable...he is straight and alot of girls dont like him for this clothing addiction!

No, cause he knows enough about fashion but not too much and I want it to stay that way. He's better at putting an outfit together than me but hates the whole shopping process unless he's involved. He makes a great effort to learn stuff like he knows more about fake kate spades than me. When I have an auction in doubt, I ask him. He has so far never given me a wrong answer. That's enough for me, I think. Can't complain here.

my bf is so fashion-conscious. we always go shopping together...he has more jackets and clothes than i do, but he doesn't buy anything unless it's on sale (he saves up his money for audio stuff). he keeps my spending habits in check. i wait until i'm not with him to buy the expensive stuff i like :biggrin:

scarlett_2005 said:
Nope. I love that he hates to shop with me. I prefer shopping alone or with my mom.

That is true also for me. I had a boyfriend, some years ago, really fashion-obsessed and I really couldn't stand it for this. My husband doesn't care at all about fashion and shopping and I like it. I usually like going shopping alone or with my sister, so I don't force him to accompany me in my shopping errands.

OK....so my husband shops when needed, and has excellent taste!! Last year, he went on his 2wice yearly shopping spree...later when I was looking through the reciepts, I asked him what he had purchased from Testoni for $1000.00. He told me that the only thing he had bought there was a belt, and he thought it cost like $100. He never looked at the price!! That damn thing was crocodile!! he had it cut to fit...so no returns....anytime he brings up my shopping, I throw that little bit of ammunition at him, and it helps to get him off my back, a bit! He will wear that belt for the REST OF HIS LIFE!!!!!

Selena said:
Hell NO! If he knew anything about fashion or designers he wouldnt fall for the old it only cost $200 when it really cost $1200.

Selena

That's a great point and I totally agree :biggrin: .

In fact, I think I should take him with me less often, because he knows how much certain purse brands cost (the range) now. Darn, I should never have shown him that BV hobo in brown and black. I bet he never would have guessed how much it really costs otherwise since it's so elegant and soft, yet simple.