Do you feel you are getting your money's worth from your Ferragamo shoes?

I feel like I don't wear my patent Varinas as often as I could because I still get slight rubbing on the side of my heel with them. But their timeless design and pretty colours can't be beaten.

My black patent Carla on the other hand is my ideal and perfect work shoe. It is so comfortable and I can wear it all day no problem. Best shoe investment I've made.

I don't wear my patent varina's often either, but my other Ferragamo's and apart from AGL, are my most comfortable shoes. If I have to break them in, I wear a thick pair of socks for 15-30 min and then they are perfect.

I feel that my Varina flats are the most uncomfortable of all my designer shoes. BUT, they are the only ones I have in patent so that may be the issue. I purchased 2 on sale but unfortunately won't be buying again. I'm thinking to sell them too because they are THAT uncomfortable :sad:

I don't own any ferragamo shoes. I like the look but they don't seem to fit me right! I think it's hit or miss with shoes in general irrespective of high end designer or not. I have found that generally I can buy Tory Burch a half size bigger than my normal size and they're a perfect fit, as such I have at least 15 TBs. Other higher end designers like CL do not fit me right, my normal size is too tight, go up 1/2 size and the shoe becomes a pair of flip flops. I guess this is a long winded way of saying that a particular designers shoe just may not be for you. So buy what's comfortable for you! No need spending so much on something uncomfortable.

I feel like I don't wear my patent Varinas as often as I could because I still get slight rubbing on the side of my heel with them. But their timeless design and pretty colours can't be beaten.

My black patent Carla on the other hand is my ideal and perfect work shoe. It is so comfortable and I can wear it all day no problem. Best shoe investment I've made.
You can try wearing very low ankle socks to prevent the rubbing.

I've stuck with Ferragamo over the last few years cos they are tried and tested. I have wide feet so mine are all 7.5D but I think I can fit a 8C width as well.

I'm surprised everyone has issues with the patent varinas as they were the most comfy things I have ever worn. Same thing for my patent vara. The only anomaly were patent yellow varinas (from 2013) which were really tight and unyielding. Makes you wonder if they have changed something in the formula.

The leather ones are comfy but I feel that they show up scuffs too easily, especially when you accidentally drive it into a groove in the pavement and it takes the leather off!!

As for value for money, well.. only if you get a lot of wear outta them. Otherwise, they are just eye candy. Having said that, the entire jelly range (bermuda, nilly etc) is way overpriced!

Hi ladies! I like to throw this out in the open. I currently own three Varina/Vara and one pair of sandals from Ferragamo. I will be honest to say that they are not totally comfortable! Plus, the glue from one pair is starting to give way!! My Tory Burch Reva is more comfy. As such, I have started to think if I should continue to buy Varina/Vara? I love the brand, the aesthetics of this brand is very appealing to me. OR, I should branch out in TODs? Or, are shoes just not worth the investment? They show wear and tear so quickly! And other brands, of course. Hoping to hear some experiences..cheers!

In my honest opinion, I would prefer comfort over aesthetic quality when it comes to buying shoes although it's tempting to see the exterior appearance attractive. I would feel that it's worth my money that way.

i dont own any varina or vara but i have bermuda jelly and i love it..
in the beginning it was quite uncomfortable , abit tight at the front part coz i have a wide feet
the next size up is too big for me...
but these days it has become more comfy.. love it.. planning to get in different color :biggrin:

After buying the carla heels and varina flats few yrs back, its the only shoes i wore, be it at work or out for shopping. I swear by them and will not hesitate to spend more.

Actually I love the shoes but to me it is not that comfy. I own one pair in red, I love looks, colors but recently it's broken/torn (detached from the sole).... Yes I do have wide feet (sigh)

I have wide feet, and wear width D. Thus with exception of Dior (they sells D in Asia), Ferragamo is my choice due to their lower price point.

However, I've observed that the price gap between Dior and Ferragamo is getting closer. Dior has finely made shoes, while Ferragamo's quality has declined over the years unfortunately. You can see the difference in workmanship when you put them next to each other.

I bought my first Ferragamo court shoes (yes, it was called that back then LOL) 14 years ago, and it lasted 10 years (resole every year or so). I am afraid to say that my one-year old black patent pointed pumps from Ferragamo may only last me for a few years. I walked fast, and "clocked high mileage" with them. The wear and tear is obvious within a year, and I have already replaced the heel tip twice.