Do you feel guilty about money spent on designer bags?

Sometimes, because I feel like it would be more wise to save up for an apartment or something more substantial...But I just love bags and they are the only materialistic items I spend huge amounts of cash on. And since I can enjoy them every day and I feel that they upgrade my outfits so much, it feels like they are worth the investment.

Depends on the bag, of course. I bought a LV a year ago and it was a big regret. Simply for the fact that everyone else had the same bag!

I guess LV is kind of like a status symbol, but it's annoying to see people with the same thing as you, especially when you spend so much money on it d:

Am i the only one that thinks this? lol i just want a custom bag made for me..

Depends on the bag, of course. I bought a LV a year ago and it was a big regret. Simply for the fact that everyone else had the same bag!

I guess LV is kind of like a status symbol, but it's annoying to see people with the same thing as you, especially when you spend so much money on it d:

Am i the only one that thinks this? lol i just want a custom bag made for me..

Yes I feel the same ,I've had it with spending £££ on a bag that so many people have , I want a nice leather tote bag that will last for years .

Sigh, I feel incredibly guilty right now because I have recently purchased a couple of bags not long apart from each other. I am so excited to use them but I am feeling so rubbish :sad:
Maybe because of the thought of spending so much money in one go? Mind you, I AM currently having a clear out on Ebay so I'll get my money back eventually :graucho: ;)

I save my money and work 2 jobs, so nope not me! And I absolutely love, adore and use my bags, they make me so happy!

I can also justify it by this is what I spend my money on as apose to alcohol, going out a lot, snow skiing, or whatever knick knacky thing people are into.

Handbags are what we love don't feel guilty of who we are and what we love!

my purchases for my handbags are so well thought that every thing that i buy is well researched (thanks TPF) and thought over an extensive period of time before I drop my money since they cost so much..so no there is no regret for me at least not that significant

I do feel very guilty spending that amount of money (1k +) I just find it difficult to justify. Even knowing I can afford it (it’s the price of my rent being spent on a bag) My husband can never imagine the price I pay so I just tell him it’s a replica bag. And to others that ask the price I paid I say I got it on sale and make up a price wayyy less than the original.

No because I want to look well dressed. Because of my work environment (and taste at the present time) I only carry contemporary handbags and Marc Jacobs. Personal dress taste is black leggings (higher end in various designs), ankle boots (mostly to fit my medical footwear needs, so mostly wearing Josef Seibel Kingfisher line - five pairs), with an earthy boho layered look (various designers), topped off with Marc Jacobs Natasha in various colours and sizes. No problems with spending too much here.

I have read somewhere in designer news that the pre-loved industry is a booming business to the point that the designer houses themselves are investing in the pre-loved market, such as Fashionphile, the RealReal, etc.)

When I first started buying designer handbags I felt like I was spending too much. That all changed when I finally found a solid look that I was going for, for my body type (height - short, large breasts, largish bottom, curvy waist). Then the handbag purchases were narrowed down to what would complement my look.

I also do not like it when my beloved handbags do not get used for years. That bothers me a lot. I love the look of a well used handbag - and not the look of a brand new looking handbag. So to get that well-loved look I have to stop purchasing and use the same handbags over and over again. Handbag peace achieved.

Last edited:
Reactions: caroperouse