Do you feel all LV's styles / bags are always "in style"

Neptune

O.G.
Apr 14, 2006
Let me explain...

Last year when I decided to get my first LV bag I knew if I was going to spend that much money on a handbag I wanted something that would be "in style" for years to come, or never really go out of style, so I went with the mono speedy 30 because I felt it was classic and timeless.

Since then I now have 4 mono bags and a Azur bag (also some vernis, mono and Azur accessories...)

I've been sticking mostly to mono because, to me it's neutral, will go with almost anything and I feel like these bags will still be stylish in 10 years or more, but I've been wanting to venture into different LV's.

When I first became a fan of LV it was because of Jessica Simpson's white MC speedy but when I finally got the money to spend on a LV I felt "over it". I still like the white MC, but not as much as I use to and I have yet to bring myself to buy a MC.

Today I ordered a black neo cabby gm. It's the most expensive bag I've bought but I'm totally in love with it and I am so excited to use it, but I do worry a bit about the style and material of the bag being "out dated" in years to come...unlike my mono bags. Will I love the style in years to come?

So, my question... Do you feel there are any LV styles / bags which are not "in style" anymore? Ones you think may loose it's style after a few years? Are there styles from the 89's and 90's you would still rock today? Or are all LV bags "classic and timeless"??

Will the mirror speedy be outdated looking 3 years from now? How about the denim bags or the Vernis?

I'd love to hear other opinions on this.

I consider LV timeless and classic. Any LV bag or accessory, whether it was launched years ago or just recently, has that certain cachet of having the LV history and craftmanship woven into its seams. I believe the denim and the Miroir styles will stand the test of time and will not be considered outdated at all.

No, I do not believe all LV bags are timeless. Some are trendy and will look dated in a few years. Because of this, I try to stick to classic pieces. I think it just depends on what the buyer is looking for. Some want the bag of the moment. The "IT" bag. I love trendy LV's as well as the classic pieces. I just normally invest in the classics because I have other financial obligations.

I only have 4 LV's and each one of them are so different from each other and will always be in style imo. I have a red epi Alma, mandarin pont neuf, damier 30 speedy and mono poppincourt. I :heart: each and everyone of these bags.

No, I do not believe all LV bags are timeless. Some are trendy and will look dated in a few years. Because of this, I try to stick to classic pieces. I think it just depends on what the buyer is looking for. Some want the bag of the moment. The "IT" bag. I love trendy LV's as well as the classic pieces. I just normally invest in the classics because I have other financial obligations.

ITA!

I feel like mono, damier, and the epi line will be timeless. I do not mean to snub the other lines, but I am not familar with those lines, therefore, I do not wish to make a statement regarding those lines.

LV has been a classic for decades. The Speedy, Alma, Noé, and Keepall just to name a few have been in existence since the 1930's and they are just as popular as ever today.

I do understand your point though....I have several bags that I don't wear as much, simply because I have newer ones I like to wear. I dare not get rid of them because they will forever be a permanent part of my collection...for example, my Mono Bucket GM some consider an "outdated LV", but for me, it's a classic.

As for Denim and Miroir lines.....these are simply following the latest trends in fashion, as all designers do...the Miroir is a collector's piece, as they were done in modern materials but only in the classic iconic bags, so LV still maintained that bridge to the past....

Styles keep changing, but LV will keep up with that to attract new customers and keep it's original loyal ones (like moi!!)...

This has been me as well. I've purposely stuck with mono pieces because I feel they are timeless. As for my accessories I went with some vernis framboise pieces because I love pink and the accessories stay mostly inside my bag, but I could never see me buying a framboise (pink) bag.

The last bag I bought was a Azur speedy 25. This was a bit more...well "risky" for me but I love the style of the speedy and I love the light fresh look of the azur so I didn't feel too worried about it becoming "dated".

When I tried on the black denim neo cabby gm I fell in love but didn't dare spend that kind of money on a denim bag that might not look..."in style" years from now like my other bags will. But after dreaming about the bag since then I just had to have it and went a head and ordered it.

I do worry about spending so much money on a bag that might not be "classic and timeless" but I currently love the bag so much I just can't imagine myself without it....

Buy what you're going to enjoy now. I personally believe that denim will be around for a long time. I have had several denim bags throughout my life...every year there's new bags made in denim. We wear jeans all the time, so why would a denim bag go out of style?! I love the denim line and think it's here to stay.

Louis Vuitton is a classic French fashion house. It doesn't matter if you have Mono, Damier, Epi or LE pieces. If you love the pieces you have they will always be in style with you!!! :wlae:

I think LV in general does really classic and timeless designs...that's part of the appeal! IMO if anything is going to look dated it's the denim. Sorry guys, I love denim on my body but not on my bags.