Do you ever purposely go looking for fakes on ebay to report them?

No, I don't believe that I have enough knowledge to do so and I certainly appreciate those that do. Many thanks to the "watch dogs" out there as I know it must be a daunting task.

I bought a fake Bottega Beneta ball bag and was badly scammed and eBay did nothing so when I get very angry I do purposely look for fake BV's and I do report them. I also look for that seller as it is obvious she would have changed her name after the scam and she became non-registered.

Fauve

No, I don't seek them out. Usually I do this when I'm bored or if I see a bunch of bids. It really ticks me off when I see so much money being put on the line for a $20 fake.

^ Same here. :yes:

I don't go looking (you don't exactly have to look, do you?!), but if a fake bag is on for a ridiculously high amount, or if people are bidding a lot of money for a fake, I will certainly report.

No, I don't seek them out. Usually I do this when I'm bored or if I see a bunch of bids. It really ticks me off when I see so much money being put on the line for a $20 fake.

Yeah like the "CB Papillon" up there on a BIN for more than $700. The bids are at around $200 and the reserve hasn't been met. That's just pathetic..it was the very first one I reported this morning while doing my discontinued bag search.

I have reported the ones that 'made me look' today. Last year I was reporting the fakes of the brand I know and few were pulled. Now they are pulled, makes me feel good. I even told a seller her bag was fake and she could get in trouble and she pulled her auction. Now the hijacks, ebay should be knocking those out before they get listed. I wonder, an account that has been unused for years and all of a sudden has 30-100 new items with the same title, high shipping, one day BIN? Humm, could they be for real?

I totally agree Kathy. Ebay is such a slacker. It's so obvious, if we can spot it, they should be able to. I found the fastest way is to not even mess with reporting it to FEEBay. Just email the seller, ask a question about the bag, almost every single time they will email you back and tell you they didn't list them, they were hijacked and they contact ebay and get them all taken down pronto. Saves a lot of work reporting the bags when ebay won't take the down anyway! :cursing: