Do you ever purposely go looking for fakes on ebay to report them?

ashlend

Sep 9, 2006
I spent like an hour doing this last night :lol: I think I reported about five obvious fakes in that time.

I'm a trademark lawyer though, so I won't be surprised if I'm the only one who finds this an amusing hobby. ;)

ranskimmie

Jan 25, 2006
Nope, cant say I do...... that amount of time reporting them would take up the rest of my life!

sma11cat

O.G.
Dec 21, 2005
i did a few times when i was looking for a particular bag. but nope i never really look for fakes on purpose just to report them.

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
I would if I knew eBay cared, but if you tried to keep track of all the ones you reported, you'd be sad to see very few of them ever get pulled.
I don't have that kind of time to waste.

kitskats

bizzy making jools
O.G.
Jan 17, 2006
USA
I did when I came across some in searches. I bookmarked them and most had proceeded until the end so it was very discouraging.

Kathyy

O.G.
Apr 30, 2006
I have reported the ones that 'made me look' today. Last year I was reporting the fakes of the brand I know and few were pulled. Now they are pulled, makes me feel good. I even told a seller her bag was fake and she could get in trouble and she pulled her auction. Now the hijacks, ebay should be knocking those out before they get listed. I wonder, an account that has been unused for years and all of a sudden has 30-100 new items with the same title, high shipping, one day BIN? Humm, could they be for real?

siworae

O.G.
Jul 20, 2006
Minneapolis
i don't search for fake bags for the sake of reporting them... but when i do search for a specific bag, but come across a fake, i will report it

MzSHERRY

sherry
O.G.
Aug 9, 2006
on tPF
LOL um.. maaybee..... :sweatdrop: usually when I'm pissed off though. I like to think of it as crusading against evil :ninja:

Adriane

O.G.
Mar 3, 2006
Fort Wayne, IN
It seems though, that the ones that get reported to tPF in the "Authenticate this..." threads are pulled more quickly than the ones that are reported to eBay.