do you ever just feel stupid?

You're definately not alone, trust me.

I feel like a loser all of the time because of my current employment and residential situation. I feel really stupid when I see my friends doing fantastic things and making a difference with my careers. I feel incredibly low when I hear the shock and disdain at "you're doing what??".

So yeah, I've been there.

have the same feelings and feeling that way for the last year LOL

SO you're not alone...

unfortunately, i haven't found the answer yet... =(

Glad you have a supportive SO. my ex was one of the stupid decisions i made - stupid to believe he was a good guy and not get out of the relationship sooner and investing so much energy and time to him and the relationship and making all the sacrifices that i made for the relationship.... the list goes on....

feel better soon gal!

*hugs*

My ex was one of my stupid moments also. Unfortunately I was blinded until we had been married for a couple years.

I think everyone has those days, weeks, months, etc.

I feel like a loser all of the time because of my current employment and residential situation. I feel really stupid when I see my friends doing fantastic things and making a difference with my careers. I feel incredibly low when I hear the shock and disdain at "you're doing what??".

Yeah, I dont like talking about my living situation either but that is because I am currently living at home (my parents are great and offered for me and my son to move in rent free so I could go to nursing school and not worry about bills and never get to see my son). I have a good reason for it and am grateful but it is hard to be at home at my age after being on my own since I was 18 (by choice).

Yes, absolutely. The month of June has really put my self esteem to the test, which definitely affects how smart I perceive myself to be.

I stayed almost two years in a relationship with a man who manipulated and verbally/emotionally abused me. It was so damn subtle because he is so charming and amazing...I suddenly clued in one day to what was going on and got out of it. So many of my friends say hey good for you for getting out of it! But the insecure part of me says geez why was I so stupid for tolerating it? At my age, ahem, I would have thought I'd gotten a clue by now.

Job: I had an 8 month consulting gig which was amazing up till the last couple weeks where I was treated like absolute sh*t...mgrs micromanaging my tasks, hijacking my meetings, basically bullying me. Very immature and unprofessional leadership. It was such a stark contrast to the first part of my assignment that I had to remind myself it was the exact same company and dept I was assigned to :rolleyes:. But as an outside contractor you're not in the best of positions to call bullsh*t. In my weak moments I felt stupid that last part of that job but I know in my heart deep down I've got a brain in my (blonde) head :wlae:.

^^^ aw, pursegrrl, so sorry it's been so rough! i don't think age has anything to do with "getting a clue" - you trusted someone and they manipulated that trust.

wrt blondes... my secret vice is the movie "legally blonde" - reese witherspoon is so perky and girly and happy and positive you can't help but feel that way too!

Sometimes I get in moods when I just feel like a loser. Sometimes I think it might be hormonal. Today I was trying on clothes and I feel like I look so horendously gross I just almost feel embarassed to go outside. I don't always feel like that but today I do.

all my friends seem to be superachievers too. and i'm technically in a good academic program, but i feel like everyone i work with thinks i'm an idiot. i feel like i don't belong here - like i'm faking it here or something. sometimes i want to ask the admissions director if he made a mistake by admitting me.

i presented my research today and it's very much a work-in-progress, but i totally got slammed. my boss was upset with me for making assumptions i hadn't proven, for not having gotten the results he wanted, blah blah blah. and i know it's part and parcel of the work, but some days i just wish... i just wish things weren't so hard.

When I have a day from hell, I take a nice, relaxing bath and shut out the world for about 30 minutes. Sometimes it helps to rethink your priorities...taking on too many tasks can sometime mess with your confidence level if you can't complete them all. Relax a bit....no one is perfect nor are they expected to be.

every damn day...don't worry you're def not alone.

i feel this way at work because i understand nothing at all and i have no interest in it at all. i just find it the most boring thing ever....sometimes i wonder if i have ADD. :confused1: seriously.

i always see the glass half empty and over analyze things to the what ifs. ugh its terrible...my SO helps me out to by saying everything will work out but hey i'm a Cancer we over analyze things

coachmama and starletta8,

I totally know how you gals feel. i'm in the same situation too.... work and residential funk .... i'm glad i have a roof over my head at my parents but somedays i'm just like, i'm living with my parents!! Ahhhhh and it's not like i'm 15....

Pursegrrl, I totall know that "why did i put up with that? Why didn't i see it earlier!??!"

those thoughts are constantly swinging around in my head all the time regarding the ex and last relationship. I'm a smart girl but gosh, i feel so STUPID for not seeing the guy for who he was and staying in that relationship for 4 yrs.

Don't blame yourself, the important thing is that you're out of that unhealthy relationship and you'll have better days. (i wish i could follow my own advice! LOL!!).

*lots of hugs gal*

Yes, absolutely. The month of June has really put my self esteem to the test, which definitely affects how smart I perceive myself to be.

I stayed almost two years in a relationship with a man who manipulated and verbally/emotionally abused me. It was so damn subtle because he is so charming and amazing...I suddenly clued in one day to what was going on and got out of it. So many of my friends say hey good for you for getting out of it! But the insecure part of me says geez why was I so stupid for tolerating it? At my age, ahem, I would have thought I'd gotten a clue by now.

Job: I had an 8 month consulting gig which was amazing up till the last couple weeks where I was treated like absolute sh*t...mgrs micromanaging my tasks, hijacking my meetings, basically bullying me. Very immature and unprofessional leadership. It was such a stark contrast to the first part of my assignment that I had to remind myself it was the exact same company and dept I was assigned to :rolleyes:. But as an outside contractor you're not in the best of positions to call bullsh*t. In my weak moments I felt stupid that last part of that job but I know in my heart deep down I've got a brain in my (blonde) head :wlae:.

When I have a day from hell, I take a nice, relaxing bath and shut out the world for about 30 minutes. Sometimes it helps to rethink your priorities...taking on too many tasks can sometime mess with your confidence level if you can't complete them all. Relax a bit....no one is perfect nor are they expected to be.

your signature cracks me up!!