Do you ever feel like your bags aren't 'good enough' to post about or reveal?

So I’m thinking of buying an on sale nino bossi to compare. They have some great styles and I’m starting to feel like I want to be able to change my purse more often (I never used to) and that the lower price point might be good as long as the leather is durable. Thoughts? Any Nino Bossi aficionados?
I have only had one of theirs years ago, I think they are very much like Tano in style. Which bag did you get?

None of my bags are from coveted brands....and most of them were "thrifted" from ebay (ebay is my thrift store, lol :smile:. But I love each one dearly....and if I weren't lazy, I would love to photograph them all and showcase them - I think people who only like high end/luxury bags - or aspiring for those, wouldn't care. But there are a bunch of people who are just addicted to bags and like the variety - I'm like that. I will watch bag collection videos of all kinds of bags, even ones that I don't even like - it's just fun to see what other people are into, how much they like them, why, where/how they got them, etc.

I actually came on the forum last year through Coach (after lurking for 6 months) and for the specific reason to learn about refurbishing vintage Coach leather. I too felt a little tentative about posting the first bags I rehabbed, which I bought at flea markets or on eBay, for $10 to 25. The rehab people on Coach are lovely and supportive so that wasn’t an issue posting there. The next step was posting my vintage bags on the Coach What bag are you carrying/Passenger seat threads. I felt like Grandma Coach lol compared to the more contemporary styles. Again, the posters on Coach made me feel welcome and that there was appreciation for the classic, understated style of the vintage.
I am just really comfortable in my classic understated vintage Coach style. And here I am venturing out into the Forum. I may not want to own or carry someone else’s purse, but I do join them in their desire to share their enjoyment of all things Purse :yes: So at this point, yes, I am comfortable posting bags. Now my camera/tech skills are a whole other story . . .

I my book the most interesting reveals are about unusual bags, second hand finds and rescue stories of beat -up vintage. Personally, I dont really care to see the reveal involving the crocodile who died to create a diamond encrusted firkin...

Reactions: Shelby33
I my book the most interesting reveals are about unusual bags, second hand finds and rescue stories of beat -up vintage. Personally, I dont really care to see the reveal involving the crocodile who died to create a diamond encrusted firkin...
I ONLY have older, pre-loved bags. Right now I am using a Botkier Sasha, almost 10 years old, it's beautiful and the leather is thick and soft. Most of my bags are around that age, I don't know why people don't use their older bags. All I see in my town are new MK bags. I too have an MK bag, but it's years old. The leather is beautiful, much nicer than the leather I felt at Macy's recently.
Thank you for posting!

I ONLY have older, pre-loved bags. Right now I am using a Botkier Sasha, almost 10 years old, it's beautiful and the leather is thick and soft. Most of my bags are around that age, I don't know why people don't use their older bags. All I see in my town are new MK bags. I too have an MK bag, but it's years old. The leather is beautiful, much nicer than the leather I felt at Macy's recently.
Thank you for posting!
One of the reasons I enjoy pre-loved bags (and anything thrift, consigned , second hand) is that it is recycling at its best! (I missed being a card-carrying hippie by a short span of time). Don’t get me wrong, I buy new items. I was in a relationship for years with a man whose passion was energy sustainability. I went to conferences and work shops with him and was exposed to a lot of information about how natural reasources of all kinds are used and also sadly disposed of. Okay, not to get preachy or anything here. Fortunately for me I figured out to recycle beat up Coach bags in dire need of conditioning. As well as find some sitting virtually untouched in a relative’s closet waiting for some love!!