Do you collect anything (besides purses)?

helenNZ said:
yup, i sure do, Potato Heads and pens! :nuts: i've attached a pic of what ive collected so far.... i can't seem to find mrs potato head here... will totally look for one when i go to the States (hehehe) i'm such a child! HA HA
What a great thing to collect!! Brings me back to my childhood!!!! Thanks for posting pics!!

Kat said:
I collect artwork. I have six by Erte, three by Chagall, three by Dali, and one by Tarkay. My husband collects giraffes. (not real ones ..lol) He has quite a few. He even wears a tiny giraffe charm around his neck. When I first met him I asked him about it because I thought it was a little unusual, giraffes of all animals. He said he loves giraffes because unlike the rest of the animal kingdom they mate for life and stay within the family unit. awwwww .... what a guy, uh?

kat, that's so cool! in 8th grade we studied art in french. dali is crazy! chagall is kinda funky too but i like his work. also, giraffes are my favorite animal :biggrin:

i collect shot glasses. i don't drink though. actually i think it's really gross (sorry to those who drink). but i just randomly like shot glasses and have 50+ from where i visit and friends bring me back shot glasses from where they go.

i used to collect those ridiculously long pencils. i don't anymore but i have like 10.

i guess you could say i collect juicy tubes. :biggrin: :biggrin:

I collect dolls, josef originals, anything with poodles on it, and tea sets. I'm kind of bipolar. If I like something I want a million of it, but if I don't like it I don't want anything to do with it. hehe Collecting is fun.

Mariah said:
kat, that's so cool! in 8th grade we studied art in french. dali is crazy! chagall is kinda funky too but i like his work. also, giraffes are my favorite animal :biggrin:
My husband actually likes Dali. The pieces we have are not the real crazy ones. Some of his pieces are downright disturbing, don't you think? I really didn't know too much about his works but my husband found a really nice one in pretty colors. A lot of his stuff has exposed bones. I was able to find "The Stag." This particular one the animal in the forefront is sitting in grass so you don't see the legs. I do have one that I find a little disturbing but the hubby liked it. It's called "The Raven and the Fox," I believe. Erte is more my speed. Pretty ladies in pretty dresses.

I used to be a serious Hello Kitty collector, but have since stopped. I still have some rare pieces (Super Hello Kitty and Vivitix) that I've kept but I've given away or sold most of my stuff. I have a Silver Vernis-like Hello Kitty purse that's like the LV Lexington and my prized Hello Kitty chronograph that looks a lot like the Cartier Pasha with silver face and small Hello Kitty figure at 12:00.

SuLi said:
Thanks! Do you have a lot of charms? I have a little over 20, and wonder if that is too much on one bracelet? I do love the look of charm bracelets with lots of charms, but worry that it might be kitschy.

Oh I'm jealous! I only have about 10. My Mom has a bunch on hers. It looks awesome. Another lady I worked with had a "full" one also, I love the way it looks with a lot but don't have enough to completely fill mine. I am sure some would disagree but I always wear what I like! Maybe pick your favorites and rotate them if you still think it's too much. I did notice that when I wear the bracelet I am particularly conspicuous in meetings and such! That said if the meeting is boring at least I can play with my charms!!

heartfelt said:
i collect jeans! hahaha.

i used to collect beanie babies when i was a kid and there was a huge hype. oh gosh. so embarassing. :biggrin:

I remember some beanie babies going for over $100 on Ebay... some dog that had one spot or whatever and it was rare because it was a factory mess-up but was worth a bajillion dollars...

IntlSet said:
I remember some beanie babies going for over $100 on Ebay... some dog that had one spot or whatever and it was rare because it was a factory mess-up but was worth a bajillion dollars...

hahaha i totally remember that! oh gosh. and i bet they're worth about 2 cents now.

Yes, something very stupid, hehe….

I collect noodle spices. That is all I eat (because I can’t cook, can’t even boil water)
I prefer my noodles to only have salt to give it taste, so I save the spices. I have a big drawer right now, filled up with them…. :smile:
Don´t know why, I guess you never know when you might need them... :smile:

Ronja