Do you carry your Birkin/Kelly/bag from Hermès to work?

My H bags are pretty neutral and aren't flashy. I switch bags around a lot and now and then it's a birkin or kelly. No one notices at all, except they will say "nice bag!"

so I took my BFjordB to a interview and I think I made the biggest mistake. My inital thought was I have to look good for my interview, but then I realize they may offer me a smaller salary, because they may think "I can Afford" to be paid less. so the interviewer was a guy and didn't notice the bag ( Guy was the creative Director) but a woman in the office ( the sales and managment person) totally notice my bag. I thought ( oh ****...) I immediately try to deflect her attention claiming about how beautiful the office was and asked her about her child. and I quickly hide the bag under my coat. I guess this really didn't help. Althought I worked as a freelancer, they never hired me fulltime : ( , I need a garden party for these occasion!!!

i carry mine to work, they all know am a bag nut but only one lady seem to know what it is and how much it costs, she is pretty stylish so I don't think she disaproves. They others assume that it is expensive but have quit asking,...they've been horrified too many times I guess!haha

I carry my Black Birkin 35cm Clemence GHW:yes: with me to work and pretty much everywhere. I know that I get stares from other women, some friendly most unfriendly.

But it is what makes me happy and I think that is pretty much all that matters.
:smile:

I wouldn't hesitate to wear any H bag to work. The emotional baggage and hangups of other people are their problems, not mine.

I feel the same.......I carry my vintage Kelly to work because I don't feel that it would be a great lose if there was a fire. It is secure in a locked cabinet at work. I would not take my new Birkin to work because I don't want the insurance liability if there is a fire or some other disaster. I do want to purchase a vintage Birkin in blue for the office. I would not feel that it would be too costly to replace. To work they go.......I mean it goes.

Whether co-workers or other people recognize the brand or not, I carry mine everywhere. It doesn't bother me if they have something to say about it. I wouldn't let that take away my enjoyment of my bag.

I carry mine but no one at work recognizes what they are. I have a drawer in my desk set aside so I can lock them up. The only bag they've ever recognized and commented on was my LV monogram Speedy.:smile:

This gets posted every month or so on the board and the answers all vary.

At the end of the day, it depends on you and your work environment. Personally, I use a Birkin everyday, but it also is the most practical bag - I have tried other brands before but have not been happy. The Birkin is durable, has the right dimensions for files, and is professional (no logos).

I carry my Birkins, Kellys and other H bags to work. My feeling is these bags (like jewelry) are meant to be used. I did not get my first H bag until I was close to 40. I have earned the right to carry them. Some of my co-workers know what I carry. If they have a problem, it's their problem. I am senior management and have worked for my firm for over 20 years. My e-ring gets more attention. It has a tendency to be noticed. I tell people my DH is the diamond that counts.