Do you carry your Birkin/Kelly/bag from Hermès to work?

kashmira

Team Orange
O.G.
Feb 6, 2008
I have realized that some of the people in my office unfortunately don't have very high thoughts of people buying what they call "expensive" bags (= bags that cost more than 1.000 USD).
I thought that they most probably wouldn't know what a birkin is but I was wrong!

Can you carry your Hermès bag to the office? I don't yet have a birkin (I'm waiting for one) but I now feel bad when thinking of spending that amount of money on a bag that I can only carry during the evenings/weekends:sad:.

Everyday Kashmira, everyday...They are so used to my bags, not even the women blink an eye at them these days. Funny enough, the women and men both notice the clutches moreso than my kellys or birkins.

Carry it if you want. If anyone asks if it's real just smile and say "I wish". Let them think it's a knockoff but you'll know it's real. Your little secret. After all, if you bought the bag because you like it and not for status, then why tell anyone what it costs?

Every day for me too, but when I carry my big old BBB, I never have the face out, meaning the turnlock is always facing me. And I just put her underneath my desk, facing in somewhere. But I put my BBK on the desk, right next to my screen so I can admire her from time to time. :nuts:

And I wear either a scarf or shawl every day, and most days I wear a CDC bracelet. A couple of people say they like the scarves/ shawl and the CDC bracelets. A lady said the BBK is beautiful (I told her it's a hand-me-down from my mother) But no one ever commented on my beloved BBB, so think I'm safe. :yes:

Oh, I worn my vest the other day and got a lot of compliments. I told them it's from my mother too! Works like a charm! :tup: And they think my mother is the most stylish person EVER. :lol:

I carry H bags to work everyday as well since I got rid of most of my other bags. I only have a few non-H bags that I'm keeping around for sentimental reasons. I don't think carrying H is really an issue in my work environment since most of the ladies at work tend to carry expensive bags...lots of chanels, louis vuitton, etc. Also, I think it depends on how senior you are within the firm.....the odd thing is that people are more likely to talk if you don't dress the part as a senior member of the firm.

You're such a cutie! I do this too, but I say my auntie.... :roflmfao: Auntie Kaz, and Auntie Nancy. :roflmfao:

Every day for me too, but when I carry my big old BBB, I never have the face out, meaning the turnlock is always facing me. And I just put her underneath my desk, facing in somewhere. But I put my BBK on the desk, right next to my screen so I can admire her from time to time. :nuts:

And I wear either a scarf or shawl every day, and most days I wear a CDC bracelet. A couple of people say they like the scarves/ shawl and the CDC bracelets. A lady said the BBK is beautiful (I told her it's a hand-me-down from my mother) But no one ever commented on my beloved BBB, so think I'm safe. :yes:

Oh, I worn my vest the other day and got a lot of compliments. I told them it's from my mother too! Works like a charm! :tup: And they think my mother is the most stylish person EVER. :lol: