DO you carry Coach when you shop at Coach?

Sometimes I happen to wear a Coach bag when I shop at Coach and other times I am wearing LV. I have never had a problem with service regarding what purse I was wearing, when it comes to shopping at Coach. I have a good relationship with the SA that I deal with and she knows that Coach is not the only brand that I love and wear.

Usually, I do, because I usually do carry it anywhere.

I recently was wearing a Michael Kors a lot for a few weeks, and did go shopping or browsing/planning-buys there with it a few times (and a local SA complimented it twice) but then I started buying so many Coach things, different things, and using them all the time.

So then it was Coach bag, shoes, ring, wallet I paid with ... and THEN I left behind my keys and they called me to say that my keys with a Coach fob were left. Hahaha.

Somehow that embarrassed me. I feel like a corporate shill now, but I'll still wear a ton of Coach, and NOT just bags plus a lot of things IN my bag & ALWAYS wallet... Haha. I love the stuff, who cares?

My DBF teases me though for being a shill ... esp. when we go in there. It's funny!

Originally Posted by razorbackbelle0
Sadly though you see almost as many women carrying FAKE Coach bags as you do carrying REAL ones.

thats gotta be frsutrating knowing you can't say anythign to them.

From a certain viewpoint, I think they "should" - might sell bags. Haha.

How mortifying though if the person thinks its real. That would be too upsetting.

If a person knowingly carries fake I don't think she should go in ... unless she's buying and burning the fake. Hahaha.

How often do the fake-carriers buy a purse from the boutiques???

I normally carry Coach when I'm shopping in the Coach store. I hope that by doing this that the sales lady will see that I'm a regular customer and throw in an extra discount. I usually shop at the Coach Factory and they're always handing out 20% coupons to everyone.

I ask because I noticed at the boutique last night (which was almost as crowded as an outlet - because of PCE) that less than 1/2 of the women shopping there were carrying a coach bag! (I was one that wasn't)

Also - There were a lot of men in the store with wives/girlfriends. Which hasn't been the usual.

I've noticed at Louis Vuitton the majority are carrying LV.

Generally I don't carry Coach or I carry vintage Coach. The one time I did carry a current Coach the outlet SA tried to charge me for it with the rest of my purchase.:P

Oh, last time I was at the outlet one SA and the manager complimented me on my vinyl Nine West bag. The SA said she was checking it out all the while I shopped. :lol:

Also, when I go to LV I don't carry LV either.

I usually carry my Coach Swingpack which is what I use for shopping trips so I can have my hands free to grab all the goodies I want! LOL. I have another cross body bag which is not Coach and I use it too because it has more room for a wallet etc.

The fist few times I went into Coach before I owned one I had gone in with a Guess bag and then a Jessica Simpson one (stop laughing). The SA's were falling all over these two bags and complimenting me. Looking back I have a hard time believing they were sincere. Now when I think about those bags compared to the ones I'm carrying now, I'm like "ICK". Although TBH, they were nice bags, but not in the same league as Coach.

I've also gone with an MK bag and the SAs were all over it - but this time I believe they were interested in seeing another brand that was somewhat comparable to Coach so it seemed like a more genuine interest. And the manager wasn't there at that time which makes a HUGE difference. The staff is so much more relaxed and easy going when she isn't there.

I definetely find when I go in with a Coach bag they seem more interested in me. Of course there are a couple of SA's who I really like and they could care less what I'm carrying, but for the ones I don't know as well, I do find they take me more seriously as a shopper if I have a Coach bag.

Yes only because that's all I really carry these days. Once I started buying Coach I got rid of most of my other bags for lack of space and they were cheap 50 dollars jobs. I kept a few for when I need a purse to take to the dog park and stuff like that so I can throw it on the dirty picnic tables and not worry about it. I wouldn't specifically make an effort to carry Coach when shopping there but I wouldn't take one of my old beat up 50 dollar bags from Penney's in there either. lol

a Guess bag and then a Jessica Simpson one (stop laughing)..

I'm not laughing :smile: Both those brands make some very cute bags - they copy styles just like all the rest. I am always checking out the JS bags at Macy's and she has some really cute styles.
I also carry a Guess large croc-look satchel ( shaped like a Sophia) to work everyday and it is holding up very well.

I'm not laughing :smile: Both those brands make some very cute bags - they copy styles just like all the rest. I am always checking out the JS bags at Macy's and she has some really cute styles.
I also carry a Guess large croc-look satchel ( shaped like a Sophia) to work everyday and it is holding up very well.

Thank you I don't feel like such a doofus now. :P Actually the interior of the Guess bags (not factory) have some of the nicest linings I have ever seen!! The JS ones too!!

usually for me yes my daughter never she insists on her LV's lately coach is pissing her off like getting a bag and in less than a week its at an outlet then for christmas less than 3 weeks it was at the outlet. she feels thankgod there is no LV outlet my LV's will never be in a bargin bin... for me I don't care what people think of what im using as long as im happy but hey im older lol