Do you carry a shiny croc during the day?

So funny, and it does seem like old fashioned thinking when I see it in writing. It reminds me of another manual (don't recall the name of the book) from "Mad Men" days about how a wife should keep a home, tend to her husband, encourage the children to be quiet when the DH comes home from work because he surely had a hard day, put a ribbon in your hair before DH gets home, etc. etc. I thought that book was hilarious!

Good luck finding it! I've been looking for that for years now - I know the EXACT one you're talking about!!! There was an excerpt from it going around in an email a while back and it was a pic of a "newspaper/magazine article" that was quoting that book/manual. I've been told that, quite unlike what we think of when we think of her, it was actually written by Jacqueline Suzanne. Whether that's true, I don't know. It certainly sounds far-fetched. But this person was totally convinced and "remembered" because it was so out-of-character for her. She also said it was originally written for LHJ.

Good luck finding it! I've been looking for that for years now - I know the EXACT one you're talking about!!! There was an excerpt from it going around in an email a while back and it was a pic of a "newspaper/magazine article" that was quoting that book/manual. I've been told that, quite unlike what we think of when we think of her, it was actually written by Jacqueline Suzanne. Whether that's true, I don't know. It certainly sounds far-fetched. But this person was totally convinced and "remembered" because it was so out-of-character for her. She also said it was originally written for LHJ.

(^(oo)^)v

attachment.php

Attachments

• goodwifeguide.gif
    goodwifeguide.gif
    85.9 KB · Views: 537
I love to carry matte or shiny croc day or night :smile:

For me it's more a question of size. I wear my :
- Constance (shiny) / Kelly (shiny) / KP (matte) night AND day (I love exotics with jeans)...
- Birkin (matte) : only for day

Last edited:
(^(oo)^)v

attachment.php

:roflmfao::lolots: My, my, how things have changed! I just read this to DH, and he said I need to frame it! I told him this is kindda like "the Man Song.":P

Sorry to be OT, but here's the lyrics to Sean Morey's The Man Song

I don't take no crap from anybody! ... else but you.
I wear the pants around here!...when I'm finished with your laundry.
'Cause I'm a guy you don't want to fight! ... when I say "jump" you say "yeah, right".
I'm the man of this house! ... until you get home.

What I say goes around here! ... right out the window.
And I don't want to hear a lot of whining! ... so I'll shut up.
The sooner you learn who's boss around here! ... the sooner you can give me my orders, dear.
'Cause I am the head honcho! ... but it's all in my head.
And I can have sex anytime! ... that you want.
'Cause I'm a man who has needs! ... but they're not that important.
And don't expect any flowers from me! ... because if I'm not mistaken you prefer jewelry.
I'm the king of my castle! ... when you're not around.

And I'll drink and watch sports whenever I want! ... to get into trouble.
And I'll come home when I'm good and ready! ... to sleep on the couch.
Because a man's got to do what a man's got to do! ... and I'm going to do what you tell me to.
Because I'm top dog around here! ... but I've been neutered!

Last edited:
As my chauffeur has now resigned.
and the butler ran of with one of the maids wot lives downstairs.
And the government took the house for inheritance tax.
And the swiss finishing school expelled me.
And I am too old for anymore débutante balls
And the filthy rich banker became a bore so we did not wed.

I am gonna rock my croc whenever and wherever I feel like it

:yahoo::roflmfao::biggrin:

Croc it up!

Bravo!:woohoo::lolots:

Last edited:
:roflmfao::lolots: My, my, how things have changed! I just read this to DH, and he said I need to frame it! I told him this is kindda like "the Man Song.":P

Sorry to be OT, but here's the lyrics to Sean Morey's The Man Song

I don't take no crap from anybody! ... else but you.
I wear the pants around here!...when I'm finished with your laundry.
'Cause I'm a guy you don't want to fight! ... when I say "jump" you say "yeah, right".
I'm the man of this house! ... until you get home.

What I say goes around here! ... right out the window.
And I don't want to hear a lot of whining! ... so I'll shut up.
The sooner you learn who's boss around here! ... the sooner you can give me my orders, dear.
'Cause I am the head honcho! ... but it's all in my head.
And I can have sex anytime! ... that you want.
'Cause I'm a man who has needs! ... but they're not that important.
And don't expect any flowers from me! ... because if I'm not mistaken you prefer jewelry.
I'm the king of my castle! ... when you're not around.

And I'll drink and watch sports whenever I want! ... to get into trouble.
And I'll come home when I'm good and ready! ... to sleep on the couch.
Because a man's got to do what a man's got to do! ... and I'm going to do what you tell me to.
Because I'm top dog around here! ... but I've been neutered!
:lolots: love everything except for the last line:lolots:

Croc is traditionally only for day, not for evening. I collect vintage/antique etiquette books, and they all state, unequivocally, that croc is THE elegant woman's choice, but only for daytime.

wow, can you give a title of this etiquette book? i am a big fan of etiquette books...