Do you buy your handbags online or in person?

I prefer to see it in person - decide I love it - and then hunt for a sale online. Usually end up with a better deal that way - but there are no last call, off 5th, etc near me.

I prefer to see it in person - decide I love it - and then hunt for a sale online. Usually end up with a better deal that way - but there are no last call, off 5th, etc near me.
Same here. I am lucky that there are a couple of NR near me and I sometimes can find great deals there. If I am crazy enough for a bag, I sometimes will call the outlets around the country for deals. I also found that tPF has been a "bad" influence, since the ladies here always post some incredible deals that make them hard to resist!:tpfrox:

I would prefer to find the bags in-person first and then look online for a deal, however, since I've been looking for bags from previous seasons, this doesn't always work out. This strategy would be ideal for me though.

I'm also someone who lives in the middle of nowhere. I only have access to Coach and Dooney in stores like Macy's. There's a small LV boutique in Saks about an hour away but I was ignored when I went so I prefer to shop from eLux. So I would say 95% of my handbag purchases are done online...which is a really tense time for me.
I'm excited and anxious about the arrival, nervous about will I really like it in person, impatiently wondering why it isn't here yet, craftily plotting how I will sneak it past the bf or.....<<<gasp!>>> will it be delivered while he is home and expose the fact that my ban has indeed been broken yet again???? :wtf: I trace the package online several times a day and stalk the DHL man, the FedEx guy, the U-shhh!!!! Did you hear that? Sounded like UPS, sorry I have to go! :yahoo:

I, too, live in the middle of nowhere. Even to buy Dooney or Coach IRL I have to travel about an hour. I occasionally go to Chicago, but it is hard to buy a bag knowing that in order to return it I would have to drive 3-1/2 + hours to do so. Plus, their higher tax rate doesn't help, either.

So I generally window shop in person a couple times a year and order online.

I do both, but most of my online buying is through the Livejournal bag communities, and sometimes through Ebay. I usually buy bags that I've seen in person before so I know what I'm getting, but sometimes I buy it without looking at it first. I can also go to NYC or one of the MANY malls in NJ that are right over the bridge from me, so I have so many options.

If I had all the stores here and money was no object, I would always buy in person..Many mistakes are made online, hard to see the colour correctly and sometimes the shape just doesn't suit me, while it looked great on the model in the pic...Fondling the bag before buying is also a great plus for me, not to mention the great high of walking out with a big, luxurious shopper...

I do both. Most of my purchases have been in person only because I am blessed to live in a city that houses most of the fashion houses or upscale dept stores that would carry the bags I want. And as for buying online, I normally purchase from a reputable website: Elux, Neimans, etc. If I buy online it is because I can't get it here in town.

I do both. Don't have the time to be in stores these days, so shopping online from a trusted source is always fun. NM, ShopBop, Revolve, Delcina are regulars. Waiting for the package in the mail is exciting and nerve-wrecking at the same time. Kinda like it...
But if I'm in a store and the moon, sun, stars are aligned and stumble onto a bag that I absolutely LOVE, I'll just pull the trigger (not literally).

Preferably in person. It's always a lot better to touch and try the bags first before purchasing. However what I'll normally do is to check the price online and then go to the boutique to check out the item. If I can get a better price online, then I'll order it online.

I prefer to buy in the store but sometimes I have no choice than to order online wich I don't have anything against, I just like the whole buying-in-the-store experience better, when you walk away with your beautiful purse neatly wrapped in and in a nice paper bag and you're just so happy you could blow up.

But then again, when I order I wait for the mailman and I'm so excited to get my purse so that's good/fun too.