Do you admit to buying off eBay to people?

I only have one LV I bought from ebay but even so, I think most people know where to get LV so they don't ask.
If someone DOES compliment something that I've gotten from ebay like a necklace or something, I don't hesitate to tell them. It's not a big deal.

Sure, I started an "Ebay purchases club" a while ago, post your new purchase there and if you can post the pic even better.
I always love to share good deals not matter where they come from.:yes: :jammin:

I have no problem with it! And alot of times I can't hide that fact because I buy limited edition items that you can't get anywhere else!
I'm proud of getting a good deal!

I have no problem saying I found a great item on Ebay!! Especially when I am looking for something discontinued, the only way to find one is Ebay! I don't mind telling people that at all.

I don't mind at all. I love getting a great deal and love the thrill of finding that bargain you can't find in the stores. :yahoo:

I really don't care what other people think either, I actually love ebay!

I've never bought off ebay, and I don't think I ever will. I understand why most people do though; discontinued styles. I wouldn't look at someone any different way if they bought off of ebay.

Nope! If you do a search, although I cannot tolerate 2nd hand bags and do not own any, I will admit that before I seriously set my mind to buy ONLY from my LV boutique, I did buy from Ebay. However, after either being scammed or getting a fake, I decided that it's not worth the hassle of worrying whether or not it's authentic and how unsanitary 2nd hand items are. I don't mind buying other things off ebay, eg. calculators, printer cartridges, books....etc but these must all be completely brandnew

With my love for balenciaga bags there's a lot times no other option than going through ebay because the colours are discontinued but unfortunately I didn't score a good deal, I actually paid more than retail. My first LV was from ebay and turned out to be a fake so no more LVs off ebay for me. I sell my old stuff but I hardly buy. I just love the shop experience and the security I get at the retailer.

I do! I also admit to getting them from consignment stores; frankly, I don't care if it's second-hand or not. I can't afford to get a lot from the boutiques since I buy all my bags with my own money, and I see too many great deals (esp. those bags that are nearly new and a couple hundred dollars off the retail price).

So far I have only purchased from boutiques.....I don't like the fear of not getting what I pay for when it comes to a used bag off of ebay. I know a lot of people have good experiences but I don't want to deal with it.

PLUS....I really wouldn't want to deal with people going over the "well it could be fake since you got it off of ebay" even if I knew it was real. meh. I'll stick to brand spanking new from the boutiques

i LOVE buying off ebay when i've done lots of homework and am assured of its authenticity, but, i hate telling people that i got something off ebay, because
- i feel nerdy admitting that i trawl the net, heheh. somehow buying things online, though for me it's the only way to go, seems so unfabulous as opposed to breezing in and out of boutiques.

and
- i don't want to perpetuate the ebay ignorance that most people have: "omg, sometimes LVs are only $20 on ebay!!" "i bought this LV for $200, i'm so excited" - the myth and ignorance that as long as the item description says "authentic", then it is, even though it's $50 or whatever. People keep falling for idiotic things like that, and unless i have the time/energy to explain to them how ebay should really be used, i just say i got it preloved from someone i know online (eg a forum) (this is usually true for me anyway; i rarely buy off someone on ebay without first finding out about their trading history and getting personal recommendations), or from an US store that shipped to me..

It depends who it is. If it's a friend then of course I don't mind telling them I got them off ebay if i did.
However, if it's a stranger that asks me where I got my bag from I'd refer them to LV or Elux since they will obviously get ripped off on ebay and most likely end up with a fake.

As a matter of fact, some of my friends come to me first and ask me if I can find such and such bag for them on ebay first before they buy them online. Because let's face it, you can find alot of new non LV bags on ebay for way less than retail.