do we have to feel bad??

I'm reading this thread for the first time today . . . and there is great stuff here. valerieb the charity gift idea is priceless and I think haute mama should run for office. I would definitely vote for her!!!

i think that you should feel a tinge of guilt for spending so much money on handbags when there are many many many people who can't even afford to think about purchasing an expense like that. what you guys spend on purses in a month more than a lot of people make in a couple months. sure, you can say "its my money, i'll do what i want," but shouldn't you have more concern for the world as a whole. Thousands of dollars can fund some schools in foreign countries for an entire year. Let' see...fund a school to improve the future of a less-fortunate country or carry the speedy. Ummm...THE SPEEDY!!!! that's a crazy stand to take. i believe a lot of people need to out of their gated communities, lower their noses a little bit, and realize that there's more out there than showing your latest neiman's purchase and being offended at someone carrying a fake. i laugh at people carrying real bags because i know you think the world of yourself and your only concern is the new line some company will put out soon. and stop with your rant about promoting terrorism and child-labor. your handbag purchases aren't doing anything to stop said harms, nor do your concerns seem to have any merit when you speak down on people carrying fakes as if they are beneath you. if you aren't putting any money towards stopping the practice (and i don't mean purchasing real bags because that does absolutely nothing), then you have no right to speak. you are just mumbling words to make yourself feel better because you know there is no justification for shelling out that kind of money for a carrier of a wallet and sunglasses.

get off your high horse.

Woah back up...that is kinda a bit harsh no? I mean not everyone on here has a "rich B*tch" mentality and is trying to make others feel beneath them or less than them for what they can afford. If your viewpoint is such that buying designer goods is something you should feel badly about and the money could be better spent elsewhere then why are you on this forum to begin with? Why are you reading this post and commenting on it if the conversation is so "beneath" your standard? I mean I am not rich, I make less than 40 K a year, however I feel I am entitled to enjoy something that I earn. If I work and EARN a bag for myself then that is my choice. In addition, how arrogant and rude of you to assume people on here do not donate time or money to charity (which I have done in the past year). You do not know anything regarding my spending habits or what I do with my spare time. Perhaps *you* should get off *your* high horse and go do some volunteer work yourself toward building a school for needy children as you mentioned (instead of wasting your time being intentionally glib and snide making inflammatory comments against people you have no knowledge of).

Last edited:
I don't think any anyone should feel bad about anything, I see this brought up at least once a week. I don't feel a bit sorry for anyone who don't have the same bags I do....I buy my bags and accessories and enjoy them without any thoughts of what others can and cant buy. It's like I said before if people can't afford a car does that mean you shouldn't buy one? because some people are homeless or cant buy a home does that mean you shouldn't buy one? I mean come on some people can afford things and some cant thats just the way the world is, has always been and will always be and just because some cant afford what you do don't mean you stop living your life and doing or buying the things you want or need. Bags may not be a necessity but we can afford them and we enjoy them, no one should feel badly about buying the things they love, you made the money other people didn't, you just enjoy your bags and never mind about what other people say about them.