do u love your Bolide?

duna

O.G.
Feb 9, 2006
I have to say that I hardly ever use mine, in fact it's only been out a couple of times...although I find it very practical and user friendly, I don't know, I find it a bit "old ladyish"...I think it probably has to do with the fact that here in Rome, lots of over 60's have Bolide look alikes, so I associate it with older women, which has put me off using mine...In fact I was even thinking of selling it.....

Apr 18, 2006
Duna, I do see your point, but only with the neutral rigid Bolides. The Mou versions in bright colors are very hip, IMHO!

Shoes, no modeling pics for now but I really don't think the 37 is that much bigger than a 31. Years ago I NEVER would have considered a 37 but w/ two young kids it's a great size. Because of the shape, it's not overpowering at all. On me, it looks smaller than a Birkin 35 or Plume 32 does.

Greentea

O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
at the bottom of a cup of Jasmine Pearl
^ She's right. I was always scared of the 37cm Bolide but I tried one on in Rouge Clemence and it seemed WAY smaller than my B 35. It's not as wide and Bulky and the mou leather just sort of folded in on itself. Gorgeous.

I still think the 31cm may be the size for me, though.

Kellybag

O.G.
Mar 9, 2006
Duna...if you love your bolide carry it!

Many people associate it with "an old lady bag", but it is a gorgeous bag and many women with great taste who are younger just love it!!!

AirMess

shack in the woods
Nov 28, 2006

your 37 Ebene Bolide is TDF :heart: :nuts: I LOVE Ebene :yes: :heart: :drool:

Please model it for us whenever you have some time on your hands.

TIA :flowers:

babyhart

admire inspire
O.G.
Jun 19, 2006
I am the proud owner of a Kelly, Trim, GP, Birkin, Herbag & Bolide. Of ALL these, my favorite is my Bolide
GrandsF- REALLY?

I tried on the 37 in the clemence, and i think maybe because of its slouchiness, it didn't seem as big as i thought it would be. and yes, with kids, you never know what you need to carry!!

I really want to get one...

does anyone know if when you go to the hermes boutique, the bags on the sales floor is all they have? or is there a supply of other colors in the back?

when i went to get my kelly, the SA said whatever was on the floor was it. but i wonder with the bolides if there's more colors/leathers in the backroom. any ladies with more experience with this?

AirMess

shack in the woods
Nov 28, 2006
^Babyhart,
I believe they have stuff in the back room, they may not be able to display everything due to lack of space. If you walk into Hermes looking for a Bolide, I'm sure they'll be pleased to help you as I think most customers walk in looking for a Kelly or Birkin ;) I'm waiting for 24 to model hers as I'm thinking of putting that on my wishlist as well.

Apr 18, 2006
Hello AirMess (clever ID, BTW), I just read your message. Thank you! I just got back from lunch and figured this is a good time to take a modeling pic since I'm still dressed. I am 5'3" w/ my 2" heels, so I am a shorty, and if I do say so myself I don't think this 37cm Bolide is too overpowering as a day bag!

Kat

Dec 13, 2005
24, Faubourg, your Bolide looks fabulous on you! IMO it is a chic bag, definitely not "old ladyish" at all!

Apr 18, 2006
That's very nice of you to say, Kat!!! Sorry for the poor pic--just got home and took a quickie pic in the dressing room! I combed my hair first, of course. LOL

HiHeels

united
Apr 8, 2006
24 that is a beautiful bag and you look wonderful! thanks so much for the modeling pic! real eye candy.