do u love your Bolide?

I have to say that I hardly ever use mine, in fact it's only been out a couple of times...although I find it very practical and user friendly, I don't know, I find it a bit "old ladyish"...I think it probably has to do with the fact that here in Rome, lots of over 60's have Bolide look alikes, so I associate it with older women, which has put me off using mine...In fact I was even thinking of selling it.....

^ NOOOOO, Duna! It's gorgeous. I tried on the same one as yours a few weeks ago! it's super-chic! Wear it with the strap hanging with modern jeans/shoes/whatever and it's fab!

Duna, I do see your point, but only with the neutral rigid Bolides. The Mou versions in bright colors are very hip, IMHO!

Shoes, no modeling pics for now but I really don't think the 37 is that much bigger than a 31. Years ago I NEVER would have considered a 37 but w/ two young kids it's a great size. Because of the shape, it's not overpowering at all. On me, it looks smaller than a Birkin 35 or Plume 32 does.

^ She's right. I was always scared of the 37cm Bolide but I tried one on in Rouge Clemence and it seemed WAY smaller than my B 35. It's not as wide and Bulky and the mou leather just sort of folded in on itself. Gorgeous.

I still think the 31cm may be the size for me, though.

Duna...if you love your bolide carry it!

Many people associate it with "an old lady bag", but it is a gorgeous bag and many women with great taste who are younger just love it!!!

I am the proud owner of a Kelly, Trim, GP, Birkin, Herbag & Bolide. Of ALL these, my favorite is my Bolide

GrandsF- REALLY?

I tried on the 37 in the clemence, and i think maybe because of its slouchiness, it didn't seem as big as i thought it would be. and yes, with kids, you never know what you need to carry!!

I really want to get one...

does anyone know if when you go to the hermes boutique, the bags on the sales floor is all they have? or is there a supply of other colors in the back?

when i went to get my kelly, the SA said whatever was on the floor was it. but i wonder with the bolides if there's more colors/leathers in the backroom. any ladies with more experience with this?

^Babyhart,
I believe they have stuff in the back room, they may not be able to display everything due to lack of space. If you walk into Hermes looking for a Bolide, I'm sure they'll be pleased to help you as I think most customers walk in looking for a Kelly or Birkin ;) I'm waiting for 24 to model hers as I'm thinking of putting that on my wishlist as well.

Hello AirMess (clever ID, BTW), I just read your message. Thank you! I just got back from lunch and figured this is a good time to take a modeling pic since I'm still dressed. I am 5'3" w/ my 2" heels, so I am a shorty, and if I do say so myself I don't think this 37cm Bolide is too overpowering as a day bag!

bolide37model.jpg