Do the SAs where you shop "know" you?

Buttery said:
All of the people in my favorite grocery store know me by name...Does that count? :lol: Seriously, I do more grocery shopping than I do handbag shopping.

:lol: You sound like me, I'm at my grocery store all the time. Does my salon count? I'm in there every other Friday getting a manicure/pedicure and drinking wine :nuts:

Nah, none of the SAs where I shop know me by name. I try to not go and look so much, unless I'm ready to buy, because I'll walk out with something I hadn't planned on buying :shame: :lol:

I shop for bags so much that they know me by name at Nordstrom stores in three counties, as well as at Saks, Neimans, Bottega, and MJ. I really wish I could go back to being anonymous, but then I wouldn't get to visit all the beautiful bags!

The manager at LV knows me. I try to always deal with him because he's such a doll. I think if you SA knows you it works out better for you in the end, because hopefully they will give you some special treatment...especially if you're Noriko. :lol:

Seriously though, my LV SA called me the other day to say that he had some runway stuff that he normally wouldn't have and that I should give him a call if interested. I though that was great because we just have one of those LV counters like in Saks or NM and we never get any of the really good stuff. Unfortunatly, I don't have the money right now for more bags... I've been very bad lately. :shame:

OK I am SA and I will tell you why....
- It's part of their job to clientale you. Saying if your history of purchased sold by same SA 2X or more in that year they will get great review from manager and more likely salary increase.
- You are potential buyer to them because you bought something before from them, so they don't have to guess who will buy or not buy since the chance to deal with you and sell something is higher than no-name walk in customer.
- Important to know your name before others SA grab you on the salesfloor.
- Most SA are on commission...some store like LV or Coach have no commission but they still have to make their goal for future review.

More likely....it's all about BUSINESS.

For me, most of my customer I remember their name becoz I really
like them and just want to talk....so maybe your girls got a great personality to be SA magnet!