Do people ask you if your City is fake???

A couple ppl asked me if my bags were fake - my friend's mom about my Lv Speedy b/c it was new looking, she thought it was fake b/c the handles were not dark (she had the same bag but hers was older), my friend's bf who asked if my Gucci tote was fake and even my cousin asked if one of my bags were fake (forget which one). Although I don't think they mean anything by it, I still don't like it. I mean how would they feel if I asked is that diamond ring real? or whether that Movado watch is real or is that gold chain fake? I think it's fine to compliment and ask where I got it, but it is kind of rude to be like "is that fake?". When I see my friends w/ fakes, I don't ask is that fake? Ppl wear or carry things that they are proud of, why insult them and make them feel bad right?

A couple ppl asked me if my bags were fake - my friend's mom about my Lv Speedy b/c it was new looking, she thought it was fake b/c the handles were not dark (she had the same bag but hers was older), my friend's bf who asked if my Gucci tote was fake and even my cousin asked if one of my bags were fake (forget which one). Although I don't think they mean anything by it, I still don't like it. I mean how would they feel if I asked is that diamond ring real? or whether that Movado watch is real or is that gold chain fake? I think it's fine to compliment and ask where I got it, but it is kind of rude to be like "is that fake?". When I see my friends w/ fakes, I don't ask is that fake? Ppl wear or carry things that they are proud of, why insult them and make them feel bad right?

I agree, it's completely gauche and tacky to ask if a handbag is fake. People have no manners these days
:nogood::nogood:

I recently was at the Dallas Ft. Worth airport and saw a fake green bbag on a woman on the escalator. Honestly, sometimes I can't help but stare because some of these knockoffs are sooo painfully obvious. On the flip side of that, I did see some authentic gorgeous Chloes, YSL, and Gucci's.

Heheheheh thanks girls! I really really enjoyed reading all your entries, and all the stories you shared!

Bottomline: I really do think it is RUDE to ask someone if the bag is real, even if you do know the person well, let alone a complete stranger! And it's funny how NONE of my other bags are questioned (Dior or Chanel) only the Balenciaga! Esp when Bbags have no noticeable/obvious logos on them!

I remember this newer Criminal Minds episode where people were abducted by Russians and this woman suspect had a fake designer bag. One agent profiled her, visited her home and then said to her, "well here we have a fake designer bag on the table which I've seen you wearing... that means you want to appear to be something you're not".
Now my BF had made many remarks about the price of the bags I'm buying (with my money). He isn't for fakes but since he can't spot them, he often doesn't see the point. But this line shut him right up hehe :tup:

I remember this newer Criminal Minds episode where people were abducted by Russians and this woman suspect had a fake designer bag. One agent profiled her, visited her home and then said to her, "well here we have a fake designer bag on the table which I've seen you wearing... that means you want to appear to be something you're not".
Now my BF had made many remarks about the price of the bags I'm buying (with my money). He isn't for fakes but since he can't spot them, he often doesn't see the point. But this line shut him right up hehe :tup:

Ooooh I remember that episode! I watched it too!

So I was at a childrens store checking out, and the cashier scopes out my bag. Then she asks, "did you buy that from Aldo? Because I have the exactly same bag". I was just shocked because I have come across the ones from Aldo, and as similar as they look, oh gosh my City bag does not come close to the one at Aldo and for some reason, Aldo just loves to copy designer bag styles and slap their name on it. Seriously, there should be laws against those stores that try to bite the style of a designer bag and put their own name on it. Nonetheless, I was a bit offended as all of you know the city bag does not come cheap, and to be compared it to an Aldo quality one....shocked.

Has anyone ever approached you about the authenticity of your bag? Because I sure have come across one silly person today. :boxing:

DSC03398.JPG

DSC03403.JPG

DSC03405.JPG

Once I was in West Elm and a lady had a "fake" light blue Balenciaga. It looked like plastic. She saw my black RH part time and said, "Our purses are just alike. My friend bought me mine on the street in New York. Where did you get yours?" I just said I got mine in New York too. he he :wacko:

Many people probably don't know that alot of designer bags and shoes are copied by retailers like Aldo and 9 West. She probably would not have known the name Balenciaga if a first fell out of the sky & and hit her on the head.

Already a thread on this ;)

merged

So I was at a childrens store checking out, and the cashier scopes out my bag. Then she asks, "did you buy that from Aldo? Because I have the exactly same bag". I was just shocked because I have come across the ones from Aldo, and as similar as they look, oh gosh my City bag does not come close to the one at Aldo and for some reason, Aldo just loves to copy designer bag styles and slap their name on it. Seriously, there should be laws against those stores that try to bite the style of a designer bag and put their own name on it. Nonetheless, I was a bit offended as all of you know the city bag does not come cheap, and to be compared it to an Aldo quality one....shocked.

Has anyone ever approached you about the authenticity of your bag? Because I sure have come across one silly person today. :boxing:

View attachment 388738

View attachment 388739

View attachment 388740