Do people ask you if your bag is real??

I had a funny thing happen to me once in a store. I was wearing my speedy 30 and there was a group off girls (teenagers)with there mother. They looked very poor and trashy. One of them points at me and they all bust out laughing. I just ignore them as they looked kind of rough. Then the one girl says really loud "Damn, if that ***** is gonna carry a fake at least make it a good fake!".
I just ignored them and walked away. I thought about how I would react if someone just assumed i carried a fake and I thought I would be upset. But having it happen made me take a different stance. I walked away from the experience amused. Obviously they had not clue what was fake or not so who cares right?
Selena

As far as someone asking if the LV you are carrying is a fake, i wouldn't take it personally as it seems there are so many more fake LV out there than real ones. They probably thought that it was such a great copy. My hubby always teases me when I carry my LV and always askes if it's fake. It is the only bag he teases me about though and no it is not fake it is real. We just see somany people carrying fakes! Seriously if Ihad to guess about a fake, i would quess that every LV I saw around town was fake and that all of the other bag brands that people were carrying were real even if they were the fakes.

I don't really like logos so it's kind of hard for people to tell what kind of bag I have. My mom got me a vernis bag for my birthday and I opened it during lunch and my friend asked me if it was real... I didn't really feel offended or anything but it's just that I know that some people can't afford stuff like that, that's why they ask. I mean if you think about it the money that is spent on a designer bag is probably like a big fraction of what some families make a month. So you can't really blame people for not knowing better.

I was getting my feet done in one of those corner nail places on the upper west side in NYC..I had my LV monogram backpak with me. So while my toes were drying, the pedicurist was examing my bag, really exmining, looking at the zippers and the detail of the stitching. I didn't say anything, just thought it was weird

ayla said:
Sure, but it doesn't really matter. I understand that a lot of people draw a negative stereotype when they see Asian people and handbags so I just take it in stride.

ayla said:
Sure, but it doesn't really matter. I understand that a lot of people draw a negative stereotype when they see Asian people and handbags so I just take it in stride.

A forum member on an earlier thread mentioned that many fake bag carriers weren't even Asian:

http://www.purseforum.com/louis-vuitton/is-it-wrong-to-not-like-lv-anymore-2817-3.html

The thread was pretty informative and shows that "fake-bag-carrying" is not race-specific or race-based.

Everytime I've been to the LV boutiques, I've noticed that alot of the customers were Asian. Thus, this negative stereotype that you've mentioned would be unfair to the many Asians who do buy authentic LV.

Moral of the story (and I'm certainly not being preachy): If someone makes an ignorant remark, educate them. :idea:

The only people that have ever asked me that were friends that buy fake bags. I guess because they buy fake they think everyone does. These few individuals do not ask me anymore though. They finally get it. Now they ask me how much I paid for my bags in a disapproving tone, so I just say "more than you are willing to spend on a bag" and leave it at that.

An even weirder question is when after telling them, "yes", they ask you how much it costs!!!
I've had that happen a few times. Complete strangers like the grocery check out girl and the lady next to me getting a manicure. I didn't want to say how much, so I just mumbled that it was a gift.. I didn't know the price, etc.

Kat said:
The only people that have ever asked me that were friends that buy fake bags. I guess because they buy fake they think everyone does. These few individuals do not ask me anymore though. They finally get it. Now they ask me how much I paid for my bags in a disapproving tone, so I just say "more than you are willing to spend on a bag" and leave it at that.

Don't ya hate that? Everyone I know-family and friends would be floored if they knew what I spent! I love your reply:lol: It's noone's biz right:lol:

I was at an electronic store with a few of my friends a few weeks ago & while waiting in line a cashier from another line came over & asked me if my burberry was real, where I got it, & how much I paid for it...I wasn't insulted or anything but it was just very awkward to answer those questions in public to a complete stranger infront of my friends, boyfriend, & his friends...

Kat said:
Kat, I like that response! My family (parents, siblings) will ask me, "Oh, is that another NEW bag?". It bugs me and I know they think I'm materialistic but I can't help it. Bags are my hobby.

People ask me alot,or just give me that look like its probably fake.When people ask me If they give me the look I just ignore them,but if they ask me I tell them yes.