do i look xxxx? why do people comment on how u baby ur bag?

i'll never forget...i was at jimmy choo at the forum shoppes (vegas), and a mother whispers to her daughter that my birkin was fake. i responded back with "these??!! well of course they are!! though everything else is the REAL THING!" guess what two things on my chest i was pointing to when i said that? :lol:the looks on their faces was PRICELESS!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

CTF - fabulous! LOL!

I guess I am just one of those people that while I do like to take care of my bags, I try not to make a big production out of it. (I am not saying that you do this, btw). I find a nice clean place to place my bag and that's about it.

I LOVE when you go to some restaurants and they have the little stools just for your bag. Perfect!

CTF - fabulous! LOL!

I guess I am just one of those people that while I do like to take care of my bags, I try not to make a big production out of it. (I am not saying that you do this, btw). I find a nice clean place to place my bag and that's about it.

I LOVE when you go to some restaurants and they have the little stools just for your bag. Perfect!

Speaking of lil stools, I am reminded of the security guys at Changi airport Singapore. Everytime I travel through there using my H bags, they always give me a tray before putting my bag in the dirty x-ray :graucho:

Speaking of lil stools, I am reminded of the security guys at Changi airport Singapore. Everytime I travel through there using my H bags, they always give me a tray before putting my bag in the dirty x-ray :graucho:

That's good but I have heard of horror stories of people going through security only to have the HW on their Birkin get "stuck" in the xray machine and then yanked off!:wtf:

That's why when it's time for xray, the H bag goes inside another bag. Always!

The bag in question is YOUR bag. And the bag can be babied(or abused God Forbid) as YOU like. You're, by your own admission of babying the bag, very careful with it, and for good reason too. They(read: the great unwashed) can say anything they like....it's their opinion. But to make themselves so very indiscreet about their statements to the extent that their utterances are audible, is just indicative of:

1. poor taste
2. bad breeding
3. vert anis envy
4. the fact they must have dozens of Kelly and Birkin bags; and that they can afford to trash them(which isn't really an excuse) and talk down to a person who doesn't have quite so many bags as them.

Guess which answers are correct. Hint: one answer is highly unlikely. LOL

Hmmmm, I am not sure what these two did that you found so offensive. They were talking to each other about the authenticy of your bag ,then commented that it must be real because of the attention and care you took with it. What is so bad about that? Honestly, if I had overheard that, I might have said to them, yes, this is real, have you ever had a close look at the real thing and showed it off for them. Or just ignored it, some people talk about others, some are the people the others talk about.

i'll never forget...i was at jimmy choo at the forum shoppes (vegas), and a mother whispers to her daughter that my birkin was fake. i responded back with "these??!! well of course they are!! though everything else is the REAL THING!" guess what two things on my chest i was pointing to when i said that? :lol:the looks on their faces was PRICELESS!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

OH MY GOD I LOVE THAT! :P LoL

Every woman in my family has the same blessing/curse (late developing, big knockers!) and I don't care if I was born wif em I AM USING THAT LINE the next time someone whispers around me again! hehehe :yes:

lol, that's hilarious........only if i was blessed with tatters i can use as excuses for.....guess i'll have to come up with something else.......

I guess people may look askance because, well... Hermes or not, they're just *things.* Don't you agree it looks a little fussy when you're laying down napkins to set your purse on top of?... I mean, going to the bathroom to "stock up on napkins" to place your bag on does not seem strange to you? Regardless of popular opinion in the Hermes forum, a purse is not a work of art: it is an accessory, to be loved, toted around, and enjoyed. It is not a small Rodin bronze or a Rothko. This does not excuse any nasty comments you may receive from bystanders, but come on, in all reality you have to realize how it appears when you have to go to the bathroom to "stock up on napkins" for a purse. To invest that much care in anything material that you tote around with you, no matter how expensive, seems strange to most of us.

I personally find it a little bizarre to put one's bag on a table (especially during a meal, how rude) or on a chair that someone else could be using (I see this a lot on public transit).

The bag in question is YOUR bag. And the bag can be babied(or abused God Forbid) as YOU like. You're, by your own admission of babying the bag, very careful with it, and for good reason too. They(read: the great unwashed) can say anything they like....it's their opinion. But to make themselves so very indiscreet about their statements to the extent that their utterances are audible, is just indicative of:

1. poor taste
2. bad breeding
3. vert anis envy
4. the fact they must have dozens of Kelly and Birkin bags; and that they can afford to trash them(which isn't really an excuse) and talk down to a person who doesn't have quite so many bags as them.

Guess which answers are correct. Hint: one answer is highly unlikely. LOL

BRAVO!:woohoo::tup::girlsigh: