Disgusted by this practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the irony is even if one is not a reseller...if I describe a hypothetical situation (never having done so myself): I build up a good relationship, order what I think I like and get it - maybe immediately, maybe in a few months. And then I pay for it and take it, but I find myself not as happy with it as I used to be. I maybe order another bag, and are not sure of whether to keep the one I got or not. So I ask my fellow forum members at tPF whether I should keep the bag or no, and then decide to sell it...and inform the other members that I decided not to keep that bag.

Does this turn me into a reseller? Somebody who followed the thread closely could probably pinpoint exctly the date I got the bag (which I'll probably have announced happily) and where I got it from. So if a member does know a SA at a store it is probably easy to backcheck, and even drop a few words like "Someone who bought a [color][leather][style] on [date] from here is a reseller and are selling the item on ebay/[other place]. And if there is a way an SA could check, yes it would be true. So then I would be automatically labelled a reseller for the rest of my days!

holy cow, what kind of person would do that? how mean, vindictive and nasty and miserable does a person have to be to actually slander a buyer with their SA?

I personally am new to Hermes and I only have purchased a few accessories, no bags yet. And I am always thrilled for PF girls when they acquire a new bag.

I guess I have been oblivious to whats been happening per Vlad, but I guess I dont look for the mean and crude side of people. I feel bad for Vlad and Megs with what they have to deal with, with petty crap on here. SO not fair to them.

In the future maybe we should not mention SA's names or the H stores that bags were obtained from. Some people obviously have way too much time on their hands to try and sabotage another PF member. Whoever you are, crawl back under your rock and stay there.:cursing:

Just recently, I have specifically been asked at 2 different Hermes "where my items were purchased". This was not from my regular SA which was out that day. But it made me wonder if perhaps they are "cracking down" a bit.

gazoo, practice this in case there's a next time: "it was i gift -- i didn't ask." if you accept the concept of a gift to yourself, this statment is 100% truthful. :yes:

why can't people just be happy for others. there will come a time when it's your turn to share with the rest of us and in turn, US being happy for you and we'll share your joy with you. whoever you are.....being envious to the point of ruining others' happiness and joy is just plain shallow, mean and childish.

Totally Agree Here!!! pazT ~ Always Great Words!!!

I Have To Admit ~ I Am Weary Of Showing My Purchases (Though I Have A Picture Of My Son & I, Kind Of Weird ~ That's The Only I Will Use, Because We Have It On Our Website). I Love All The Support & Kindness Here. I Have Gotten A Couple Odd PM's "Watch Out" Or "If You Do Or Don't Do This".....I Ignored Them.

WHY, Woould Someone Try To Hurt Someone's Relationship With An SA??????? If Someone Can Do That So Easily ~ How Strong Was That Relationship? It's Pretty Scary.

Many Members Here....Their Favorites Are Vintage ~ The Way To Obtain ~ A Reseller. We Wish Hermes Could Supply That, But, They Can't.

Vlad ~ Sorry This Is Going On.:heart: To You All.

^^ Well funnily enough, the items I was questioned about were items that I'd bought at hermes.com so I could answer truthfully with something that is acceptable. But it made me wonder if there is a movement underway to find out more about resellers, etc.

My blood just ran cold after signing on and reading this whole thread. I was aware of one instance of it happening (and was always aware that it COULD happen), but I always thought I was being paranoid and overly cautious. It's appalling that this has apparently become such a widespread practice that this posting has become necessary. (crawling back into my hole now........)

this is so sad and scary that people would stoop so low as to do that. it makes me more cautious in posting details about my H experiences - how do i know if it's safe or not? it's also sad that we should not mention SA's names or stores where we purchase from because of this crap happening! i mean, isn't that part of the wonderful experience, relating to other H lovers what a great haul/experience one just had?

saddened...

merika- i don't know why you're debating this. i think what vlad is talking about is fairly obvious and not really debatable. no one's trying to understand the definaition of resellers.

or maybe they are. i guess i'm just confused about your posts.

Probably a good idea...and perhaps change some userIDs as well...ugh...

This might be a good idea, but it also means we probably shouldn't post inventory we see at stores any more. If we go to a particular store and post what we saw, lurkers can always call up that store and ask their SA who was in that day and it's not that hard to put two and two together. :sad:

I would be sad to see that thread go, because I post in it all the time and also like to see what other people have posted. It's a great resource with so many H boutiques around the world when you're looking for something.

Ingénue Sophie;2183845 said:
This might be a good idea, but it also means we probably shouldn't post inventory we see at stores any more. If we go to a particular store and post what we saw, lurkers can always call up that store and ask their SA who was in that day and it's not that hard to put two and two together. :sad:

I would be sad to see that thread go, because I post in it all the time and also like to see what other people have posted. It's a great resource with so many H boutiques around the world when you're looking for something.

I agree that often it's too easy for someone who's really nosy/vicious/tenacious to put two and two together. That's one reason why I don't post inventory. And I've in the main stopped posting in the In Action thread. When one lives in a smaller city, it's harder to avoid the nastier elements.

I generally buy my Hermes in Paris, where it's a little harder to track things. Even so, I've made it a point that all my overseas SAs (whether in Hermes or at other stores I go to) know me by a variation of my name that I seldom use. I've heard too many instances of overly curious (to be polite to them) members.

I think our microcosm here just represents the real world. There are definitely people out there in the real world who are back-stabbers, so in a way it is not surprising that we have them here.

But ... it is such a shame.... :sad:

You know girls, here's the thing. This is a public forum open for all the world to see. You MUST know that there will always be nasty people out there....so all we need to do is be careful posting names and places and who we give our information to. Develop relationships first. I think this is important......

I just want to comment here about two things. First, this is NOT something unique to the Hermes subforum. I have heard the same back-stabbing in others. And, I know first hand how wonderful some of the women are in this subforum. I wouldn't trade them for the world! You wouldn't believe what beautiful things have transpired between some of us....the help, the care, the concern. It transcends Hermes. I, personally am excited to meet 25 or more fantastic women in NYC next month. Where else is this happening?!?!?!! Not in any other subforum on this website that I know of.

We are, IMO, a special group of women......let's not let the few who are not, ruin it for the rest of us.

Thanks for letting this old broad ramble on........

Status
Not open for further replies.