[Discuss] Hating Monogram....?

Well...to be honest, in an LV forum where the majority of us do have Mono and Damier items, I don't think it'll be really easy to find many people who dislike these lines.

These two lines are the very basis of LV, without them, LV wouldn't exist. Plus, they're great everyday lines, they match just about anything and are durable. Also, $600 for even a basic bag is still a lot so it's really not about the "cheaper" price point, especially nowadays

I agree, and the mono. and damier have such a long history. There are few things that have stood the test of time like that!

They are the very definition of LV, and are recognised all over the globe, both for good taste and quality! To dislike them is, in my opinion, to dislike LV!

:crybaby:

i wasnt too crazy about damier or mono at first, my loves are vernis and multicolor!
but then the perfo line came and i was in love with the color they added to mono.
then i discovered the palermo and love the design of it (would love one one day)
then i got a neverfull and it really is just handy.
then i started to fall in love with the red lining on some of the damier pieces, i think damier and red go great together!
so........ i used to dislike mono and damier, but never say never for me!

if you hate mono so much.....and damier.... what do you like?! where is the *love*?!!!!

Epi, Suhali...

To the OP, I'm not a huge fan of the mono at all. I don't really mind the Damier and I do kind of like the Azur pieces. LV isn't my favorite brand but I do post in this section sometimes or lurk b/c it is informative. I don't care for logos in general which is why I don't like the mono print. I prefer more understated/elegant items without the logo which is why I tend to like the Epi line.

I don't "get" being offended by someone else hating something. I see plenty of comments on many forums here saying that people think my Chanel bags are "old lady-ish". That is fine with me, those people are entitled to their opinion. They can hate them if they wish. I don't understand taking it personally. Not everyone is going to like the same thing and expressing your opinion is fine. This poster did not call out another member in a mean spirited way to tell them she thought they had bad taste. People are entitled to express their feelings the same way you are. JMHO.

I totally agree with ItsMyWorld! everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. That aside... i like mono but i'm not crazy about it. As for the damier.. it was my least favorite until I saw a damier speedy IRL. Now i love it! :smile:

I personally went through a phase where I thought I'd never buy another mono bag again. I've been using them for about 20 years now and guess I got a little tired of them. But the truth is "never say never". If you look down at my wishlist whats there? Tivoli!! So, as long as LV continues to come out with new styles theres always that chance that something is going to catch my eye. I would never say I hate/dislike them. Maybe I just got a little bored. Thank God for Damier, Vernis, Suhali etc.!!

um...does anyone here dislike monogram?
I for one cannot stand monogram...
p.s: please don't trash me if you're a monogram lover...:sweatdrop:

Help me to understand you. It is okay for you to post this ugly thread, but is not okay for me to "trash" it. I think I need to bring my Mommy into this forum and she would remind everyone, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all." Allow me to suggest that a better received thread would read: "Rank your favorite LV Lines...1 being your favorite." Then you could go ahead and write:

1. Vernis
2. Denim
3. Suhali
4. Damier
5. Monogram

Just a thought, should you add more threads in the future (I see you are new).

Either way, all I have is LVoe for you! Welcome.

omg this is exactly like the thread of disliking the Murakami designs. MO is i love LV and everything they make . The MOnogaram Mizi is to die for and its monogram . I think you need to find that Gorgeous Mono and Damier to really love it . Im sorry that you dislike them. But they are really beautiful. And i agree with Vuitton Boy I basically LOVE LV too!

@@.....I am simply throwing my idea out there and see if there's other people feeling the same way, I am NOT saying epi, taiga, utah, etc are better than monogram or damier.
I just starting the LV temptation not long ago, before...I was all about Ferragamo, it would take awhile until I have numerous bags...
But I am pretty sure no more than 3 of my items are gonna be in mono or damier...

:confused1: But at that point, wouldn't you have boring, tacky, and disgusting items in your collection? I generally don't have a problem with people expressing thier opinions on the forum, but this seems a bit oxymoronic, no? I would love to hear your explanation, not attacking you. I am genuinely confused.

I only have a coin purse in the tradi mono, I just don´t feel anything special about it anymore, maybe bc it became quite common. I am more of a vernis or damier person and also any Murakami version on the classic mono !

In my very first post,
I simply described my opinion and want to see if there are other people out there agree with me.
However, people took it personal and see it as I was commenting on their bags and get offended.
If you love mono/damier, simply post "I love them."
If you don't like mono/damier, just reply "I agree with you."
I have no idea how this thread got so out of hand.
Anyways, I lost all interest in this topic.

Yeah, I can understand that. You just wanted opinions but you got criticism instead. I guess it's just human nature to be protective towards whatever we love. Sorry if my earlier post was too harsh and please, don't feel unwelcome. Of course you're welcome here.

Honestly, I had a LV MONOGRAM Speedy 25 years ago -when I paid 150.00! I broke the zipper and threw it out! It was my first designer bag. I bought my next LV 5 years ago-a Sonatine, love...... her. sHE IS MY GOING OUT BAG.
a FEW weeks ago bought my next monogram-the Montorgueil GM AND ABSOLUTELY LOVE HER. !!!!!! I'm looking at the Galleria PM NOW AND MUST STOP!
i DIDN'T LOVE THEM B/C TOO MANY FAKES OUT THERE, BUT I know mine is real, so who cares. I am buying them for me. Some people like cubic zirconion and some like diamonds, some like hybrid cars, some like Mercedes-its all what YOU WANT THAT MATTERS!
I do prefer the epi line the most-and suhali-(but can't afford that right now) I also luv my Damier speedy 30.
Sometimes you feel like monogram, sometimes you feel like epi, sometimes you feel like damier-Get my point.
i LOVE ALL MY 6 different BAGS, so what ever pattern you like is find by me......

I don't post in this forum much, but I like the mono although I typically stay away from logo designs. I think LV mono is classic. I only have a few items (petite bucket, eva, wallet & agenda - want more!) but I think they go with my entire wardrobe & will last forever. It's one of those patterns that just seems to look good with everything. They're also quite functional & I don't have to baby them. The mono wears well & is easy to clean, doesn't show dirt or get scratched - especially things like wallets which take a beating (mine do anyway). My agenda looks brand new years later.

I guess I can see why some people don't prefer it - I guess it's not super exciting but it has stood & will stand the test of time & trends & I love it!