Discontinued cadenas?

Only the special editions have the year marked on them. It usually says the name of the year (the theme). For instance, the Watering can is "ANNEE ARBOUR" (Year of the Tree).

Attachments

• Wateringcanbolide2.JPG
    Wateringcanbolide2.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 87
Thanks, Sus!

<sigh> GF, that is one of my absolutely favorite pictures ever! So, a Pegasus from 1993 (I think?) should have the date and/or "year of the horse" on it somewhere? I may have to look for one of those . . .

From what I have, the heart, the harp, the snail, the shooting star all have the theme and the year; the hippo only has the theme oddly enough. The pelican, elephant, sailboat and pegasus I have are all year/theme-less.

I think I would only pay over retail for the Shooting Star cadena IF it's brand new. I highly doubt I'll be able to find one brand new nowadays so I'm not going to worry about it ...

But damn, I'd love one in gold ... and one in silver too.

I just looked over my Pegasus cadena with a magnifying glass and the only thing that it has printed on it is HERMES. No year, nothing. I guess it is one of the themeless cadenas.

Since this thread is about cadenas, thought I'd mention here that the cadenas now come in a orange box that is about 12mm in height (much slimmer than before), and in a chocolate velvet pouch.:P

Great news about the velvet pouch MrsS! Gigi, would love to see pix of how you tie your cadena on your Trim; I have mine on the end of the clip but it sometimes gets in the way.

From what I have, the heart, the harp, the snail, the shooting star all have the theme and the year; the hippo only has the theme oddly enough. The pelican, elephant, sailboat and pegasus I have are all year/theme-less.
yep - you're right (of course!) O!

Perhaps they stopped engraving them to cut costs!! LOL!!

Actually, some of them don't really have a place to put all the info. On the watering can and pelican that I have, it's on the bottom.

Speaking of hard to get cadenas....

The horse cadena ( no wings).... I think I've only seen it once. Now that is one to pay $$ for if you see it. Rarer than the snail or watering can.

Anyone here have it?

^^GF, I think you're right, that's it's a matter of space---there's no space on the elephant, pelican and pegasus. Although I thought the sailboat had a little more room on the bottom, but it's just the Hermes-Paris.