Disappointing Service at Singapore Prada and Miu Miu stores

This is a tale i have to tell - a classic in my book.
I went to LV Singapore and enquired about a certain model. The SA plopped it down on the table. I was looking for one with gold hardware, so I asked, pointing at the hardware, "Do you have one with gold?'
She gave me a look and said, 'It's not gold, it's metal."
Oh gawd. I almost barked out my laughter. The twit thot that.... oh never mind what the twit thot. I immediately felt better, from the crap treatment I was getting. I went over to Chanel immediately.

My sister currently live and work in Singapore and from what I heard from her, the service at high end boutiques there are that bad that once my sister walked out from the store (I think it's tiffany) in tears.

I'm about to visit her in 2 mths time, and from the look of it if I get a crap treatment, number 1 I wont spend my hard-earned cash there and number 2, the more they give me the s%$^ the more I give them a hard time. I did it once at one boutique in HK (thank GOD HK boutiques are still way better than Singapore), where the SA was too precious and snooty to serve a customer, and I ended up getting her to show me all the different kind of bags (even then she showed me the bags with attitudes) and guess what..I told her, I dont like any of them and just walked out :yucky:

No offense to all helpful SAs out there, but she was getting on my nerve and there is no excuse to treat anyone (foreigners or locals) like that. She probably think I'm a local because im asian and I speak the language, but geez...:tdown:

I went to Singapore a in 2005 and found the service to be really good everywhere I went! One SA was even heavily pregnant and she still followed us around the store with a smile on her face and was overall really pleasant. :smile:

I agree that Prada Singapore's service sux big time! I had one encounter with them... Was interested in the Fairy bag but the one they had left wasn't perfect cos the ink was already smudging. Was asked to put on the waitlist for the next shipment and this SA gave me this 'holier than thou' smirk. Though she took down my particulars on a crappy pc of paper, she did point out to me that I was # after a long list of people. Anyhow, that was 1 month ago and I recently visited the Prada boutique again. Guess what? They had a new shipment in and they didn't even bother to inform me though I had requested them to. No guesses, I was turned off and didn't purchase the bag in the end. Good thing too, read that the quality of the bag sux as well!

But Miu Miu is different. Their service is one of the best I have encountered. The SA who 1st served me called me to inform of new arrivals even though I have never bought anything from her before at that time. She even went all out to source for a leather protectant for me after I told her that my bag was getting dry. I have become her regular and she knows me by name now.

Another boutique is YSL... excellent service too! I've bought my Downtown from them.

LV at Takashimaya sux big time! The snobbiest of the lot! I bought my Koala wallet from them and the SA only started to serve when I expressed interest in purchasing. Needless to say, that was the 1st and last time I bought anything from them. And they always have such a long Q outside the store!

LV is better at hilton I think. And you are right about YSL and miumiu and also right about the miumiu bowbags..they are literally EVERYWHERE!!! which to a certain extent is a put off. I was in sgp over xmas and I saw many many bowbags and coffers!!! (too many!)

Yes, service at some Sg designer boutiques can be non-existent. Once my friend and I went into Dior and this SA appeared next to me immediately after I'd picked up a bag, and she then said "that's xxxx dollars, YOU KNOW?!?" I was shocked by her rudeness, but my friend was pretty quick on the uptake, and said, "oh, it's ok, we're just browsing whilst we wait for LV's VIP event to start in about 10 mins" (which was true, we were just killing time before the event). Immediately the scowl and disdain on the SA's face disappeared and she was smiling as she proceeded to ask "how about this bag .... or this one ... or this?" Needless to say, we let her busy herself and bought NOTHING! lol....

yhea i agree the service at PRADA is awful..:tdown:

i had bad service at LV before but it change after my 2nd purchase..
Now i had a regualr SA in LV in takashimaya who is the supervisor and she great:tup::yes: she updates up of every men stuff and kept aside for me..:P got invited ot a fashion show this week..:graucho:

i totally agree that the service in singapore s*cks big time! if you want to be served nicely, you totally gt to dress up, or at least carry a expensive bag. chanel works all the time.

I went into gucci in dec during the sale period and i asked them if they could show me the men's wallet as i wanted to get one for my brother's xmas present. The SA asked me sale or non-sale and i said both would be fine. and he just pointed to the glass case next to it and say its all over there and proceeded to served another customer.

the chanel SAs in singapore intimidated me, not to mentioned that their attitute is bad. with singapore's hot and humid weather, i was wearing shorts and flipflops0. they didnt even bother to served me and followed me around the store afraid that i would take something. when my friend came and meet me, she intro-ed me to her regular SA, the attitude of the others changed as well. i prefer to buy in melbourne, although their attitutes aint fantastic but its certainly way better than in sg.

LV is the worse of them all, and the queue to get in is always there. I guess that's why their attitude is bad.

fendi generally have nice SAs. i went to all 3 as my bro couldnt make up his mind what he wanted and he finally settled for one after spending literally 1 hr choosing a wallet. Althogh its not expensive and we were picky, the SA was still very nice to us. and when he finally decide on that one piece which was the only one they had, it had a stain, she offered to get it from the warehouse and would call once she got it. service was :tup::tup:.

I've been to Singapore too. My friends tell me that they prefer that the SAs ignore them and leave them alone, so its fine with my friends that the SAs are not very attentive.

Sometimes I wish that the store is totally empty, and I can try whatever I want. The SAs can magically pop up when I decide to make a purchase. Sometimes they are either too helpful or too pushy or too snooty or too rude. And different people have different standards. Its hard on us, and hard on them too.

yeah! that happened to me too when i was in singapore... but i didn't really care since all the SAs r quite busy... when they are being *****y, i'll be *****y too... hahahha...
i'll take a look at those bags and would put it bag in different places... hahahahhaha :yahoo:

I totally agreed with you... I am from Singapore and I HATE shopping there... the SA are all so rude!

As I usually travel for work.. i choose to buy my stuffs overseas.. although some items might be more expensive compare to my homeland.. but i enjoyed the good customer service.

My friend went to Zara (not even high-end) to try on some clothes, she wasn't dressed fancily so the SA looked at her and said, "You know this is too expensive for you right?" The nerve of them.

I had one SA say something similar to me once. All I did was ask them "If that's true then why is it that I'm the one having a nice day shopping while you're standing behind a counter?"