Disappointed in how my baby cabas is handling wear--

honestly I think most Chanel bags have down gone hill in quality...a lot; plus so many things are assembled by machines, they quality control becomes very limited....
but again, the price tags are average when we look at high fashion designers... So I don't know! If you want perfect bags I say Hermes or Bottega offers much better quality (IMO because I think Bottega is handmade also?) But I could be wrong :smile:

omg I freakin take back what I said about my black one. The stupid chain strap came off because there was a huge opening in the the last chainlink. I grabbed my bag when I got out of the car and the strap came off I was like :wtf:!! I called my SA she said to bring it in but I just used pliers since it wasn't a big deal after. I noticed the last chainlink on the other strap was rubbing off and chipping! Then later on, I know it was my fault, but I was wearing these pants with zipper pockets all over and the bottom stiching got stuck and kinda pulled out. When I came home I tried to stick the thread back under and it's not noticable anymore. :Push: :sweatdrop: :rant: ugh...I really do love this bag though.

omg I freakin take back what I said about my black one. The stupid chain strap came off because there was a huge opening in the the last chainlink. I grabbed my bag when I got out of the car and the strap came off I was like :wtf:!! I called my SA she said to bring it in but I just used pliers since it wasn't a big deal after. I noticed the last chainlink on the other strap was rubbing off and chipping! Then later on, I know it was my fault, but I was wearing these pants with zipper pockets all over and the bottom stiching got stuck and kinda pulled out. When I came home I tried to stick the thread back under and it's not noticable anymore. :Push: :sweatdrop: :rant: ugh...I really do love this bag though.

OMG, you probably had a heart attack right there!! I just started using my khaki one today...so far so good.....I was really gentle the whole time when holding it.....i pray that no problem will occur....

I think just because a bag is a few thousand dollars or more that it isn't a promise that it is excellent quality or made super well. I have run into so many issues with high end bags that don't last. I think the price isn't reflective of quality or how it is made. Just paying for a name brand. I don't own any Hermes, so I wonder if those ladies feel that they are getting much better quality when they spend what they do on those bags.

um....after reading all these seems vinyl is more durable than leather? I always think leather should be more long lasting. When I got my black vinyl my friend kept saying she will not pick vinyl for sure because it will wear out and have scatches easily....seems like she's wrong?! :confused1:

Uh-oh...just got mine and hoping she lasts forever! (Will post a thread in the next few hours so stay tuned.) It's a pricey bag and I expect quality workmanship through and through.

The chanel boutique in my country, seems to be selling well (err..maybe it's christmas season)..but as a matter of fact..I did notice the workmanship not as gd as b4...are they "rushing" to meet customers' orders?? I hope not.
I sincerely hope the Chanel HQ will do a thorough quality check b4 they ship their bags out worldwide.