Disappointed by MBMJ bag quality - Hillier handle came off

Wow, i'm surprised! I am glad that they allowed you to return it. I agree that a $400 bag should not have these kinds of issues! I think Marc should let us test out his new bags to avoid situations like this. :graucho:

anyone know if this can be fixed at the marc by marc jacobs boutiques or something? it seems like a common problem... and a lot of us tpfers have this bag...

this happened to my bag and i took it to the mbmj boutique. i dropped it off and they sent it off to get the screws replaced. i got it after a couple days. am glad that it worked out. i love this bag.

You all shouldn't pass up on a Hillier hobo because of these few isolated incidents. People generally talk about and get rid of (e.g. on eBay) things they're having trouble with, hence all the complaints popping up about this hardware issue. However, think of the incredible amount of customers (including yours truly) who haven't had a single problem at all with with their Hilliers. I'm not undermining the inconvenience and disappointment of those with this issue, but I am saying that this problem shouldn't dissuade prospective Hillier owners from getting one at all. ;)

I haven't had any problems with my Hillier. I also took precautions though and made sure to spot all of my hardware with some superglue.. Locktite works good too