Dior Spring 2017, by Maria Grazia Chiuri

I have to give MGC some big time credit for seeing something that I was initially so turned off by, but she's killing it it would appear.
I know what you mean. When I first saw the bags I was thinking of how far removed they looked from the rest of the classic Dior bags, but she is trying to bring a new client to Dior, and I can see the appeal now. The bags look easy to use, and go with everything.

I am not feeling the new bags. I dislike the large DIOR / J'ADIOR hardwear. So un-Dior. :sad:
Some of the scarves and also the dragonfly bag look rather Alexander McQuenn-ish. I loved Lee McQueen, but when at Dior I look for a different vibe.
I hope Dior is not going the Givenchy & Balmain route associating with the Kardashians and the like.

I am not feeling the new bags. I dislike the large DIOR / J'ADIOR hardwear. So un-Dior. :sad:
Some of the scarves and also the dragonfly bag look rather Alexander McQuenn-ish. I loved Lee McQueen, but when at Dior I look for a different vibe.
I hope Dior is not going the Givenchy & Balmain route associating with the Kardashians and the like.
I'm confident that's not Maria Grazia's MO. It's just not her style. Tisci and Rousteing were entirely comfortable with exploiting the Kardashian brand to push a certain direction.

Here's a youtuber named Charles Gross, he just got the new defense bag from Dior, I actually really love it the more I see it. It looks great crossbody on him.

I saw that video too and was freaking out when I saw his reveal! He was saying the collection looks better in person! Anyway my SA texted me to say they will be launching the collection soon in my area, looking forward to seeing it in real life. Hopefully I'll feel different!

OMG have you watched his videos? On Chanel/ LV/ all sorts of things. He is freaking HILARIOUS. Love him.
I LOVE his vids! I've watched since his early days. One of my BFFs actually was in the same classes with him when he used to go college lol. I was watching his video and he recognized him instantly.

I saw that video too and was freaking out when I saw his reveal! He was saying the collection looks better in person! Anyway my SA texted me to say they will be launching the collection soon in my area, looking forward to seeing it in real life. Hopefully I'll feel different!

I'm not invited to any of the launches but I'll make sure I stop by soon to check it out. The little monogram crossbody is slowly stealing my heart! When you go please try to post pics! I'd love to see all the goods! :P

Love Charles. :biggrin: I thought he'd go for a studded Diorama.

I was hoping for the same too. But I think since he already has his Diorama, he probably wanted to go for something different.