Dior Spa Services

Does anyone has recent experience with the Dior bag spa? Would love to know pricing on replacing scratched up hardware on a lady dior and touching up the lambskin leather that has corner wear. Do I need to show proof of purchase or can I bring in a preloved bag? Thanks!
Right as COVID had started, I took mine in for a quote, she said it would be around $1000-1200 for full restoration and it wounded up being around $600 total (maybe even less than that, I can’t recall). So worth it.

Reactions: rachelspendsmoney
I took my saddle bag out for a night on the town last night and just discovered a scratch about an inch long! :crybaby: I have no idea what could have caused it except maybe my key or something. Luckily it’s not very noticeable, especially since it’s on the back side where it will always be under my arm. But it is a deep scratch and feels rough to the touch. And here I was feeling so smart for getting grained calfskin because I thought it would be indestructible!! :facepalm:

Do you think there’s anything they can do? I don’t mind if it doesn’t come back looking like nothing ever happened, I’d just like the edges to be smoothed a bit if that’s possible so that they won’t get ragged (if that makes sense).

Also, do you think it’s best to ask my regular SA about sending it in (I buy remotely through him and got this before I started working with him), or would it be better to just take it to the nearest boutique (about 1.5 hrs away)?

View attachment 5147079View attachment 5147080View attachment 5147081
I’m sorry this happened to you. I usually do not like to recommend any products for people to use on their leather goods because if something goes wrong, due to operator error or whatnot, I don’t want to be held accountable. So I can only share with you my personal experience and if you decide to use it, then it is totally up to you. I would start with a tiny tiny little dab of this in circular motion. You can also find it on Amazon and look at videos on the Internet. It’s pretty spectacular. Mohawk Finishing Products Leather Scratch Remover (.65 Ounces for around $20

Reactions: Prettyinpnknwht
I’m sorry this happened to you. I usually do not like to recommend any products for people to use on their leather goods because if something goes wrong, due to operator error or whatnot, I don’t want to be held accountable. So I can only share with you my personal experience and if you decide to use it, then it is totally up to you. I would start with a tiny tiny little dab of this in circular motion. You can also find it on Amazon and look at videos on the Internet. It’s pretty spectacular. Mohawk Finishing Products Leather Scratch Remover (.65 Ounces for around $20

Thanks for the recommendation! I ended up taking it to my nearest boutique and actually I probably need to check in with them soon because it's been a few weeks . . . I'm a little nervous because my last Chanel repair experience was a disaster and a half, so if it's still presentable when I get it back I'll probably try this on any future scratches that might appear.

Thanks! This is super helpful. Did you get the hardware replaced too? I wonder they were so off with the quote.
She had told me it was going to be for “full restoration” and it turned out that they re-touched only the four corners and no they did not replace the hardware. They also did retouching of the top part of the bag near the seam. The bag needed less work than was quoted so they charged me less for the labor.

Reactions: rachelspendsmoney
I don’t think so: I recently asked for it, as I’m interested in purchasing the white D-lite cannage in cotton and I know I would like to have it cleaned periodically, and the SA told me it would cost around 250€ euros…
The D-lite could be sent in for cleaning? am considering the toile de jouy pc, but contemplating due to getting worried on how it would wear over time :sad:

The D-lite could be sent in for cleaning? am considering the toile de jouy pc, but contemplating due to getting worried on how it would wear over time :sad:

As per the SA who helped me, yes. But please note that she also told me they will only clean dust and general dirt: they will not work on hard stains like coffee, pen or red wine…

Is there a time limit in how long the bag can be cleaned/restored? Like if I buy a vintage bag and wants to send it for cleaning, will they still accept it?

This was the same question I had once I start browsing the second hand marked, but unfortunately I still have no idea…
The only thing I know is what the SA said me in store: for the bags purchased in the boutique, the cleaning service would be offered forever.

This was the same question I had once I start browsing the second hand marked, but unfortunately I still have no idea…
The only thing I know is what the SA said me in store: for the bags purchased in the boutique, the cleaning service would be offered forever.
Thank you for sharing. I wonder if we need to show the receipt, etc.